Join Early Retirement Today

For your wireless LAN
Old 10-10-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

For your wireless LAN

http://www.j-walk.com/other/wifispray/

sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: For your wireless LAN
Old 10-10-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

Wiping the antenna with a dryer sheet works just as well.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

In a fit of creativity I tried spritzing a little bit of beer around instead.

It not only didnt work, I wasted a spoonful of beer.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

TH!

I've been playing hooky from the ER forum. When's that baby due?? here yet? I didn't miss it, did I?

Anne
trumpeting_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

You havent missed it yet. Feb 1 is the current due date.

We've seen lots of ultrasounds. He's quite the little acrobat...doesnt sit still for a second.

I told her it better not happen during the superbowl or she'll have to call me and tell me how it went
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #6

Oh yeah. You'll forget who is PLAYING in the Super Bowl after you walk into the labor room. You can play it down all you want, we know you're excited as anything.

Knitting booties yet? Decorating the small bedroom with little dryer sheets?

Anne
Old 10-15-2004, 03:42 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

I hope what Trumpeting Angel says is true. I've worked in L&D (labor & delivery) for a long time and it's amazing to me the number of males who bring their X-
Box, GameBoy etc with them and play it the whole time. Of course, there are also those suit and tie guys with briefcase, laptop and PDA constantly asking when this will be over cause they have a very important meeting! The funny thing is, they expect an answer.

TH, just remember, the day your child is born will never be repeated. It is a day like no other. Enjoy it with every fiber of your being. And the minute they're born, they start moving away from you, so savor the time you have with him.

Somebody pass the dryer sheets, I'm misty.

Judy
Old 10-15-2004, 06:39 AM   #8

I can vouch for being there for the birth of twins. Time becomes irrelevant. I had no recollection of time passing or what time of day it was when I finally got out of my hospital clothes. I remember every detail of the birthing process to this day. That experience should be mandatory for every father - nothing else in life matters quite as much.
AltaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:50 AM   #9

Mega-dittoes, AltaRed. Having children sure puts things in perspective. They do tend to grow away from you though, as Judy pointed out earlier.

John Galt
Old 10-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

I'm afraid the thin veneer of humor has been penetrated.

We got lucky in that the house we bought came with a nice little sitting room right off the master bedroom...not typical in a smaller home like this. So of course its already full of baby stuff and I've wired it with not one...not two...but three cameras, heart and breathing monitors, and the whole mess can be broadcast to every tv in the house and to portable audio and video monitors.

I'm sure I'll forget all about everything for a good couple of years starting in mid january...
Old 10-15-2004, 07:57 PM   #11

Now don't forget to RECORD all those heartbeats and breathing and stuff. and diaper changes. Save the tapes. You'll need it for retaliatory humiliation after this child turns 13.

I'm glad to hear that you are displaying the hi-tech version of doting daddyness. I wouldn't have doubted it for a moment, though.

Anne
Old 10-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #12

Quote:
... heart and breathing monitors ...
Heart and breathing monitors? Are you actually going to attach electrodes to the kid, or is this just one of those pressure-sensitive pads that goes under the crib mattress? If the latter, they're worthless. The kid invevitably heads over to a corner of the crib where the monitor can't detect them, and you wake up in a panic to a beeping sound. And out the window it goes.
wabmester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

You are correct in that many of the heart and breathing monitors are pieces of crap that dont work well.

But not all of them...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=baby&n=507846

A lot of the people who tried some other models went to this one and found relief. 4.75 stars out of 5 from 51 reviewers...
Old 10-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #14

TH, I hope it works for you. That was the model I threw out the window.

It's probably a function of how big the crib is and how much your baby likes sleeping in the corner. Ours was a corner seeker.
wabmester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:11 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Well now, how does it feel to have a baby monitor lying in your yard outside your window?

If it doesnt work I'll probably go the extra mile and take it back to the store. No sense in having one more piece of junk to steer the lawnmower around.

Besides, we got this cool little memory foam thingie thats supposed to keep the baby in one place and on his back, and we're using a smaller custom crib that will limit how far he can 'wander'. If that doesnt work, I'll go directly to duct tape.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:39 AM   #16

Good luck with the duct tape, TH. My "babies"
have now "wandered" to 3 different states while
I remain in a state of disbelief

John Galt
Old 11-03-2004, 07:08 AM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
limit how far he can 'wander'
Here's the deal, if you put them to bed with their little head against the head of the crib, they don't wander. There is some thought that after 8-10 weeks with their head against the bony pelvis, that makes them feel more secure (or it's just that they can't move) :-/ Then in 3 or 4 mos they're rolling all over the place so it doesn't much matter.

Judy
Old 11-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

Mine wanted to have their heads in a corner AND be wrapped up tight in a receiving blanket. You'd think they would want to stretch out, but apparently not. Anything to get some sleep (for me, of course.)
indymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:02 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

I was thinking rolled up in a rug and duct taped to the back of the dog.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:46 PM   #20

Quote:
I was thinking rolled up in a rug and duct taped to the back of the dog.
That's cruel. How could you treat a dog that way?
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote