Forget about asteroids; the coming drought will do us in!

I'm on a well in NorCal, I stopped watering my lawns 4 years ago - we use a fair amount watering the fruit and nut trees and garden. I checked the static water level on my 650 foot deep well (with string and a small cresent wrench). The static level is still at 50 feet - has not dropped. I sighed a breath of relief and will continue to use as little as possible to keep trees and garden healthy.

Recently finished all the mowing and weed wacking (14 acres) to get the property looking good and fire safer. I kind of like the look of the brown low cut grass. Also no more mowing/weed wacking until next spring!:dance:

Your post reminded me of our septic system 20 years ago when we bought a new home then. Lateral lines wouldn't perk right pooling up to surface causing a lot of wet green areas. Called builder to fix the problem. After a careful engineering study he "fixed the problem" by extending the line to a nearby ditch and hiding the open pipe with rocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOL. Much more efficient!

Ha

Got our water bill for June.

Down 35% from the same month a year ago.

Average Gallons per day is 133

Total for June was 11 HCF. Average for other homes in the area 23 HCF.

Once I get the front irrigation converted to drip, I think we can save even more.

DW and I lived on the Lemoore, CA Naval Air Station back in the early 70's and it could be hot and dry there as I recall. I can understand and appreciate how important water is to California. We pray that the rains come soon and that the Seirra,s get lots of snow pack this coming winter. Hang in there Californians!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom