Forrest Fenn's hidden treasure

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I don't recall seeing a post about this.

In 2019, Forrest Fenn hid a chest containing jewels, coins, gold, etc. He penned a poem that gives clues as to its location. Several have died in pursuit of this treasure.

Might be a rewarding hobby for an early retiree.

Forrest Fenn's Hidden Treasure Costs People Their Savings | Money

Has anyone here searched for it, or do you know of someone who has?

omni

I have heard of it before, but every time I read about it somebody has either died or has gotten so obsessed they have spent all their money and/or abandoned their home, job and family.

Also, I am extremely fortunate in that, while I am not top 1% wealthy, I do have enough money to do all the things I really want to do. I don't think that having artifacts worth $35M or so would actually make me happier than I am today.

So, nope. Not going searching.

Ummm...Fenn claims to have done so...any independent verification?

+1

Isn't he supposed to get a Swiss Banker to certify under oath that the treasure is real, and the actual location of it is written down and stored in a sealed envelope in a heavily guarded vault buried in Mount Ringelspitz?

Last edited:
Also, I am extremely fortunate in that, while I am not top 1% wealthy, I do have enough money to do all the things I really want to do. I don't think that having artifacts worth $35M or so would actually make me happier than I am today.

So, nope. Not going searching.

My thoughts exactly.

While admittedly I didn't look any farther than the linked article, and didn't even read all of that, this story has all the earmarks of an urban legend. I shall treat it accordingly.

I think this would be a pretty cool thing to do, if you thought you were near the end. It seems to give purpose to a lot of folks with otherwise humdrum lives.

Easy, just decipher his name, and find the right locale for what it means. No, I am not interested in actually looking for the right place. As good of a guess as any other.

Bummer...I was hoping Walt Longmire had found it.

Back
Top Bottom