Join Early Retirement Today

Fred, the Anti-Moron
Old 05-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Fred, the Anti-Moron

http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Fred, the Anti-Moron
Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

I really like Fred's writing a lot of the time, but I find his outspoken racism very off-putting.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It's been a while since we've had a good thread on racism. Very tempting, but I'll pass....
Old 05-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
I really like Fred's writing a lot of the time, but I find his outspoken racism very off-putting.
Are you referring to the linked piece in particular, or other things he's written? I just read the linked article, and I didn't see anything racist. It might have been semi-literate, but nothing that I would consider racist.

Also, I have a hard time picturing myself enjoying what a writer says most of the time, if I consider some of what he says racist, even if I did agree with a lot of the other things he wrote. I would probably just not read that person's writing.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

You guys are almost perfect. Fred is so much a non-racist that he is married to a Mexican woman.

Of course, immigrant gangs are not too much of a threat to the lifestyle of a retired millionaire. Might be a little rough on some of our citizens who can't afford the gated communities. But hey, enjoy the one generation of cheap pool boys and nannies.*

Sleep on.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #6

OK, Ha, let's see you turn a rant about blacks into an immigration rant.* *Last I checked, slavery wasn't an "open border" problem.

We definitely have a class problem, and I'd love to see a discussion that took a candid look at root causes, but Fred's rant ain't it.

(And around here, our pool boys are typically poor white folk, like you.)
Old 05-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
Sleep on.
This situation is a lot like the slowly boiled frog phenominon...by the time he "gets it" it's too late.

Unfortunately, he is US.* *

Old 05-16-2006, 06:27 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab
OK, Ha, let's see you turn a rant about blacks into an immigration rant. * Last I checked, slavery wasn't an "open border" problem.

We definitely have a class problem, and I'd love to see a discussion that took a candid look at root causes, but Fred's rant ain't it.

(And around here, our pool boys are typically poor white folk, like you.)
I'll ignore your slam. Usually I believe you to be trying for objectivity. I really don't know why Fred's position, based on quite a bit of experience (as is mine, incidentally) is necessarily inferior to yours. And his is certainly better expressed.

I have no knowledge of what sort of background you are coming from, but my guess is that it doesn't involve a lot of direct contact with the underclass of any color- except perhaps your po' white boys at the pool.

And as for root causes, what you actually mean is that you would love to see the same carefully controlled discussion that we have all seen since this all started. Hasn't achieved much yet, and if betting were offered somewhere, I'd take the under on its chances of ever achieving anything.

Ha
Old 05-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Hasn't achieved much yet, and if betting were offered somewhere, I'd take the under on its chances of ever achieving anything.
I'll take that bet. A discussion on an internet board among a bunch of faceless rich white folk (for the most part) that starts off with an overtly racist post is guaranteed to achieve something. You're going to piss a bunch of people off.

Now, if you've got some magic solution for fixing the problem of poor people (of all races) finding their only escape from poverty is to commit crimes, then I'd like to hear it.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

I can hear it now, "LET"S GET READY TO RUUMMMMMBBBBBLE"
Old 05-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #11

Quote:
You guys are almost perfect. Fred is so much a non-racist that he is married to a Mexican woman.

I love Mexicans! - It's those stinking Greenlanders that I truly loathe! - They are lazy, good for nothing Neanderthals that probably are not even human!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
I love Mexicans! - It's those stinking Greenlanders that I truly loathe! - They are lazy, good for nothing Neanderthals that probably are not even human!
But they make excellent spokescavemen for Geico.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #13

vagabond, on your cross country trip to a little side trip to Juarez to see some shows. Never been there but friends tell me they are very intertaining.

When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey. Not sure why.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner
When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey.* Not sure why.
We just got invited to participate in some special crime survey -- part of the census. So, I looked at some of the data they collected. You know who is most likely to be the victim of a hate crime?

Young. Poor. And white.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #15

Quote:
When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey.* Not sure why.
I've read that the tension between Latin-Americans and African-Americans is primarily over jobs. The latter often claim that the former are "stealing" their jobs by being willing to work for less. This is a complaint that different nationalities and ethnicities have made for centuries in various contexts.
He had one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it . . . It faced, or seemed to face, the whole external world for an instant and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. -- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Jay_Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #16

Quote:
vagabond, on your cross country trip to a little side trip to Juarez to see some shows. Never been there but friends tell me they are very intertaining.
I may go down to Ol' Mehico before heading out to Thailand. It's too close to ignore. Don't be too dissapointed with me but I don't enjoy looking at cheap looking women wearing lots of makeup, dancing in those horrible high heeled platform shoes. I didn't visit those type of places in Thailand either.
Except for my peculiar liking of younger women, i'm an old fashion kinda a guy.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #17
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond
Don't be too dissapointed with me but I don't enjoy looking at cheap looking women wearing lots of makeup, dancing in those horrible high heeled platform shoes. I didn't visit those type of places in Thailand either.
That is great to hear MJ! Those shoes are really ugly.

edited to add smiley
Old 05-17-2006, 08:50 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Both of you, feel free to send overly-made up women in platform shoes to see ol' Mikey. I like make up, and I like shoes.

Gals with no makeup and Birks, y'all can keep for yourselves.

Ha
Old 05-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #19

They wear shoes?

(Who looks at their feet?)
Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Both of you, feel free to send overly-made up women in platform shoes to see ol' Mikey. I like make up, and I like shoes.
Gals with no makeup and Birks, y'all can keep for yourselves.
Ha
That's great to hear.
An ol retired f*** like me doesn't need additional competition from other ol retired f***s like you.