Fred, the Anti-Moron

I really like Fred's writing a lot of the time, but I find his outspoken racism very off-putting.

It's been a while since we've had a good thread on racism. Very tempting, but I'll pass....

brewer12345 said:
I really like Fred's writing a lot of the time, but I find his outspoken racism very off-putting.

Are you referring to the linked piece in particular, or other things he's written? I just read the linked article, and I didn't see anything racist. It might have been semi-literate, but nothing that I would consider racist.

Also, I have a hard time picturing myself enjoying what a writer says most of the time, if I consider some of what he says racist, even if I did agree with a lot of the other things he wrote. I would probably just not read that person's writing.

You guys are almost perfect. Fred is so much a non-racist that he is married to a Mexican woman.

Of course, immigrant gangs are not too much of a threat to the lifestyle of a retired millionaire. Might be a little rough on some of our citizens who can't afford the gated communities. But hey, enjoy the one generation of cheap pool boys and nannies.  :)

Sleep on.

OK, Ha, let's see you turn a rant about blacks into an immigration rant.   Last I checked, slavery wasn't an "open border" problem.

We definitely have a class problem, and I'd love to see a discussion that took a candid look at root causes, but Fred's rant ain't it.

(And around here, our pool boys are typically poor white folk, like you.)

HaHa said:
Sleep on.
This situation is a lot like the slowly boiled frog phenominon...by the time he "gets it" it's too late.

Unfortunately, he is US.   :(

wab said:
OK, Ha, let's see you turn a rant about blacks into an immigration rant.   Last I checked, slavery wasn't an "open border" problem.

We definitely have a class problem, and I'd love to see a discussion that took a candid look at root causes, but Fred's rant ain't it.

(And around here, our pool boys are typically poor white folk, like you.)

I'll ignore your slam. Usually I believe you to be trying for objectivity. I really don't know why Fred's position, based on quite a bit of experience (as is mine, incidentally) is necessarily inferior to yours. And his is certainly better expressed.

I have no knowledge of what sort of background you are coming from, but my guess is that it doesn't involve a lot of direct contact with the underclass of any color- except perhaps your po' white boys at the pool.

And as for root causes, what you actually mean is that you would love to see the same carefully controlled discussion that we have all seen since this all started. Hasn't achieved much yet, and if betting were offered somewhere, I'd take the under on its chances of ever achieving anything.

Ha

HaHa said:
Hasn't achieved much yet, and if betting were offered somewhere, I'd take the under on its chances of ever achieving anything.

I'll take that bet. A discussion on an internet board among a bunch of faceless rich white folk (for the most part) that starts off with an overtly racist post is guaranteed to achieve something. You're going to piss a bunch of people off.

Now, if you've got some magic solution for fixing the problem of poor people (of all races) finding their only escape from poverty is to commit crimes, then I'd like to hear it.

I can hear it now, "LET"S GET READY TO RUUMMMMMBBBBBLE"

HaHa said:
You guys are almost perfect. Fred is so much a non-racist that he is married to a Mexican woman.

I love Mexicans! - It's those stinking Greenlanders that I truly loathe! - They are lazy, good for nothing Neanderthals that probably are not even human!

Cut-Throat said:
I love Mexicans! - It's those stinking Greenlanders that I truly loathe! - They are lazy, good for nothing Neanderthals that probably are not even human!

But they make excellent spokescavemen for Geico.

vagabond, on your cross country trip to a little side trip to Juarez to see some shows. Never been there but friends tell me they are very intertaining.

When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey. Not sure why.

OldAgePensioner said:
When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey.  Not sure why.

We just got invited to participate in some special crime survey -- part of the census. So, I looked at some of the data they collected. You know who is most likely to be the victim of a hate crime?

Young. Poor. And white.

OldAgePensioner said:
When I lived in LA during the early 1980's Mexicans and Blacks were hating each other more than whitey.  Not sure why.

I've read that the tension between Latin-Americans and African-Americans is primarily over jobs. The latter often claim that the former are "stealing" their jobs by being willing to work for less. This is a complaint that different nationalities and ethnicities have made for centuries in various contexts.

OldAgePensioner said:
vagabond, on your cross country trip to a little side trip to Juarez to see some shows. Never been there but friends tell me they are very intertaining.

I may go down to Ol' Mehico before heading out to Thailand. It's too close to ignore. Don't be too dissapointed with me but I don't enjoy looking at cheap looking women wearing lots of makeup, dancing in those horrible high heeled platform shoes. I didn't visit those type of places in Thailand either.
Except for my peculiar liking of younger women, i'm an old fashion kinda a guy. :angel:

vagabond said:
Don't be too dissapointed with me but I don't enjoy looking at cheap looking women wearing lots of makeup, dancing in those horrible high heeled platform shoes. I didn't visit those type of places in Thailand either.

That is great to hear MJ! Those shoes are really ugly. :D

edited to add smiley

Both of you, feel free to send overly-made up women in platform shoes to see ol' Mikey. I like make up, and I like shoes.

Gals with no makeup and Birks, y'all can keep for yourselves.

Ha

HaHa said:
Both of you, feel free to send overly-made up women in platform shoes to see ol' Mikey. I like make up, and I like shoes.
Gals with no makeup and Birks, y'all can keep for yourselves.
Ha

That's great to hear.
An ol retired f*** like me doesn't need additional competition from other ol retired f***s like you. :D ;)

Oh great! Now everybody knows I wasn't hard at work! Glad I wasn't drinking a soda, or I'd be explaining how I ruined a 19" flatpanel to IT!

I went to a place in TJ once (bachelor party, I swear), I was surprised how clean and classy it was, I guess they don't want anybody to get too rowdy. Of course, the guys at the door who could bench press a VW probably help with that as well.

shiny said:

I apologize Shiney. After I posted I actually thought that I might be offending your fashion sense, and I came back to edit the smart-ass comment out. But alas, someone had already quoted it and I didn't want to look like a weasel.

Anyway, I am sure you are gorgeous in Birks, culottes, whatever. Clothes don't make the woman. Just don't forget to wear your North Face jacket.  ;)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom