Free Download of My New Book

Just starting. Sampled the writing and the photos. Looks interesting.

Will I discover why Trombone Al is the nickname in this book?

I would describe your writing style as breezy.

Have you done a book report to get this published?

I have a couple of friends who have published books. That is how it is done. It will improve circulation/exposure and you might even be invited to go on a book tour.

Couple of typos in the last full paragraph on page 26 (pdf version) Really enjoying it so far ( as a fellow camper, touring cyclist and nickel squeezer)
FWIW, couldn't get either Kindle or epub version to download to my tablet from your site but the pdf works fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I read the book and enjoyed it. However, I also just read a book by Bill Bryson. I'll stop there.

Wow, great feedback, thanks.

I think you should rethink the comments about the campground host's "unfaithful" wife.
Wow, good point. I will take out the unfaithful part.

I presume this whole amazon thing will happen at some later point. But I've got to wonder where this book as been since 2009!
Right. I hope to publish it in a week or so. Then I'll create a paper version (Print on Demand). I never thought of writing a book until it suddenly came to me that I could convert my blogs to books.

Couple of typos in the last full paragraph on page 26 (pdf version)
Good, thanks, Koogie. It's amazing how many typos have survived through at least 20 or more readings.

OMG, you lost your home in the Oakland fire?!? How awful for you. I sat on a hill near the Berkeley Marina that afternoon watching the flames, it was horrifying. I heard about that traffic jam but I didn't know the story behind it. Crazy stuff.

Free Download of My New Book

Al,

Just finished the book last night. Enjoyed the humor and adventure. I share your [-]warped[/-] refreshing sense of humor! So... what's next?

I enjoyed reading your book. I definitely see a Pat McManus influence in your writing.

I plan on stealing some of your camping ideas. PVC glue and tuck tape for the air mattress sounds like a good one. Does this work on bicycle tires, too? PVC glue like you use for PVC pipes?

I am planning on building a pepsi can stove, too.

Mark

Got the KIndle Version, will read it soon

Big trip coming up in late March to mid-April. Thanks for loading my Kindle up!:cool:

Thanks to all for the feedback. I'll probably publish it in a week or two.

I enjoyed reading your book. I definitely see a Pat McManus influence in your writing.

I plan on stealing some of your camping ideas. PVC glue and duck tape for the air mattress sounds like a good one. Does this work on bicycle tires, too? PVC glue like you use for PVC pipes?

I am planning on building a pepsi can stove, too.

Mark

Yes, regular PVC glue. Probably wouldn't work on bike tires.

I'm looking for a youtube video of "Dr. Al's Quick Stretch for Good Living", or at least a book or video recommendation
Well, actually ...

Shoulder Blade Squeeze Exercise to Help With Neck/Shoulder Pain - YouTube

So... what's next?

As soon as I publish the Kindle version, I'll work on the paperback version. It's very cool to publish via Print on Demand (via CreateSpace), because it's almost free to create a read dead-tree book. The only cost is $5-10 for a proof copy. From then on, you only pay when copies are sold.

You can see the two versions of my first book here. [-]I predict that almost no one[/-] ...

I started writing that no one would purchase the paperback, but then I checked and saw that I've sold two.

And after that, I'm going to write a real book.

I think you need to make the pictures on your blog match the chapter headings in the book. Then after reading a chapter I can head to the blog for visual reinforcement.

On page 1173 of the Kindle version, the last line should read OR not OF. One of my more common typos too.

Last edited:
I think you need to make the pictures on your blog match the chapter headings in the book. Then after reading a chapter I can head to the blog for visual reinforcement.

Good. Agreed. I've put that on my post-publish to-do list.

On page 1173 of the Kindle version, the last line should read OR not OF. One of my more common typos too.

Got it, thanks.

Thanks to all of you for the proofreading help! I published it today:

http://amzn.com/B00J6HJIGU

It will be FREE on April 1 and 2, so you can get it then and save the big bucks.

I apologize if I left any of you out of the acknowledgments:

Thanks also to Janine, my sisters (Carol, Linda, and Gail), KCowan, Lara, Marie, Bob, Andy, Rosie, REWahoo, Dudelsak, Sengsational, Coogie, and all the others I roped into providing free editing.
Let me tell you how difficult it is to root all of the typos in a 160 page book. Even after all of the above people read it, and Lena and I read it many times, there was still a "the the" and some other major errors in there.

Add to that the hassles of getting it to format properly on different Kindles and readers, despite Amazon's bugs, and finishing up a book is tough stuff.

If you feel you could leave an honest review that is independent of your great devotion to me--one that would be the same even if you didn't know the author--feel free. But I'm not sure that's possible, and I don't want any biased reviews.

Thanks,

Al

Not Found

The requested URL /almacystuff//preview.htm was not found on this server

Not Found

The requested URL /almacystuff//preview.htm was not found on this server

Right. I had to take it down because my deal is exclusive w/ Amazon for 3 months. I'll put a note on that page tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I'm pretty much done with my next book, but before I publish it, I thought I'd see if any of you wanted to check it out and give me feedback.

If so, click here to get a version for your reader.

Thanks!

T-Al - long time, no see - now I know what you were doing!!!! In any case, I was too late to review any of this, but it's great to see you on the boards again. As for diarrhea or vomit - hey, that Swedish word for hiking somewhere in northern Sweden looks like a vomit of letters and sounds, so I think the alliteration or analogy were apt ;-)

Ciao - B

Back
Top Bottom