Free Emigrant Direct hat!

just_hatched

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey - I got my free Emigrant Direct hat in the mail today for opening an account!

I didn't even know they sent free hats.

Maybe they have one for you too.

Want mine? :)

It's white with red and blue lettering and has an American flag on it.
Inside it says Made in China.

Besides the hat benefit ... how does this account work? I understand you can transfer between your checking account and the Emigrant Direct account ... but I would assume the EFT / wire fees would eat up the interest benefits. Unless you're willing to park money there, can it work with a local checking account?

Thanks.

Charles said:
Besides the hat benefit ... how does this account work? I understand you can transfer between your checking account and the Emigrant Direct account ... but I would assume the EFT / wire fees would eat up the interest benefits. Unless you're willing to park money there, can it work with a local checking account?

Interest? What interest? I signed up for the free hat!

I don't think there are any EFT fees. You select some amount for your initial deposit that is linked to your regular checking account. Then after that has gone through, you can add more later. If you need the money to go back into your checking account, then there is a few days delay. I haven't done that part yet.

Transfers seem easy, I've added a couple of times and it just takes a few days. I plan to park money there until I find something better.

Charles said:
Besides the hat benefit ... how does this account work?  I understand you can transfer between your checking account and the Emigrant Direct account ... but I would assume the EFT / wire fees would eat up the interest benefits.  Unless you're willing to park money there, can it work with a local checking account?

Thanks.

Transfers between Emigrant and your checking account are all free, fast and easy!

I love ED, just remember not to do more than 6 withdrawls from your account per month or they'll send you a warning, I think if it happens again they may close the account. Or so I've heard. But don't blame them...blame FDIC Regulation D.

Back
Top Bottom