Free Kindle Books Alert

Al, since you are using a Ipod touch why not also download the Nook version then you can get free books from Barnes & Noble and they have a pretty nice list that changes frequently .

Al, since you are using a Ipod touch why not also download the Nook version then you can get free books from Barnes & Noble and they have a pretty nice list that changes frequently .

Great idea, thanks. I'm doing it now. I've also got the Stanza reader.

Thanks for the tip. Do you check these every day?

Yes. I get an RSS Feed from here:

Pipes: Free ebooks on Kindle

to my iGoogle home page, so if anything interesting appears, I see it right away.

What would be nice would be a filter that excludes religious, romance, and perhaps very old books from the RSS feed.

to my iGoogle home page, so if anything interesting appears, I see it right away.

What would be nice would be a filter that excludes religious, romance, and perhaps very old books from the RSS feed.
Thanks again. Those book categories you mention are a PITA, but they are also like junk mail - the keep down the price of other stuff for the rest of us.

Or a filter for fiction vs non-fiction.

Thanks for the link, Al. I got the "Fat, Forty, Fired" one.

I set up the RSS feed. Very helpful - thanks. After a couple of days, my first reaction is ... your point on the religious, romance and very old is understated. Especially the romance.

See, Michael, you should just use the T-Al filter the rest of us use--he finds the good ones and posts them here for the lazy among us.

Egad if I had to comb through the bodice rippers in order to find the gems, I might would rather buy some books!

Attachments

• FrugalHousewife.PNG
    FrugalHousewife.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
Gee, that excerpt sure sounds compelling, Al!
I think she wouldn't care for how much I spend on beer, that's for sure!

She's probably frown on the hoops, too.

T-Al
Thanks for this referral. About 2/3 through this book and have really enjoyed. While it deals with a 40ish guy dropping out of a high pressue job to take a year of sabattical "awakening", many of his "discoveries" will resonate with the ER crowd and making the change from a life of w*rk.
Nwsteve

I have found most of the free books are either classsics or not that great but the under $5 books are great .

Back
Top Bottom