Free Kindle Download of Winston Churchill's Biography April 9-11

jdmorton

Recycles dryer sheets
Just a head's up - in honor of Winston Churchill Day (it was actually April 8th) Hillsdale College is allowing the download of all 8 volumes of Churchill's biography for free from Amazon.com, from April 9 to April 11 (regularly an $80 Kindle value). According to the Hillsdale College Winston Churchill website, the biography was started by Winston's son (first two volumes) and then finished by Sir Martin Gilbert.

I just finished downloading all 8 volumes onto my Kindle. :dance:

Link: Winston Churchill Day

Thanks for the heads-up and the link. I don't read biographies as much as I should, and an eight-volume biography might take me a couple of years to finish-- but the price is right and Kindle books don't take up any room on my shelves.

Thanks for the heads up - hope to spend spare time at the lake reading these this summer! I am now actually hoping for a rainy day :)

Wonderful find!
Downloaded and ready. I always like to have plenty of spare reading material available on my Kindle, and this is perfect.

Thank you!! I have the first three in hardbound (only through two), and much prefer the portability. Added to my burgeoning holdings in Kindle. :)

Wow that is a great find.

We were looking for things to read on our big summer adventure. DH is very excited about this. (He's much more of a history buff than I am.)

Thank you! I am saving for a summer trip with my daughter to her national competition. I will have hours go gym time to fill!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

FYI - The free download has been extended another day. I had trouble downloading on the 11th (Amazon charged me), contacted the publisher and got email saying they fixed the problem and extended the offer for another day.

Thanks for pointing this out! Just downloaded the whole set.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom