Free Pasta

My Dream

Full time employment: Posting here.
I was at the No Frills in Ontario Canada doing grocery shopping when I came across Catelli Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Pasta that was on sale from about $1.79 to .99 per 375 gram box. I'm not really into whole grain pasta but thought it would be nice to try it in a pasta salad. On the box was a $1.00 off coupon. While at the cashier I handed her the coupons for 6 boxes, she only verfied it was indeed the right box and quantity and it ended up .1 cents in my favour.

I'm surprised they weren't sold out, mind you it wasn't advertised. No I haven't tried it yet.

p_whole_spaghetti.jpg

You may be in for a big suprise. When it is close in price (not often here where I shop) I prefer the flavor of the whole grain pasta. My friends & family have also enjoyed the more complex flavor as well. Not quite as pretty against a red sauce but much tastier in our opinion. Let me know your thoughts post taste test.

It is an acquired taste that's worth acquiring. We only eat the whole wheat stuff now.

The coupon tears off the box, and you can use it for the current purchase?

I generally prefer whole grain for the extra flavor, but it really depends on the recipe.

Sometimes you just need that "delicate" flavor of a refined flour product. I don't care too much for WG pasta with a marinara sauce, it seems to compete with the flavors. Personal preference of course, but don't write off WG just based on one recipe, you might like it with something else.

-ERD50

Yes, it can easly be taken off the box, and I did use it for the current purchase. I still haven't tried it yet.
When you try it, if it makes you sleep well, let me know....

I've always wanted to go to the store and buy one item with a coupon and get money back. :D I have been able to do this with bbq sauce, but I bought other stuff too.

Yeah..kind of lame, but it's one of those daze...

I love this pasta and buy it regularly.

I guess the store will make up the loss on the sauce you bought to go with the pasta!

I prefer the flavor of the whole grain pasta. My friends & family have also enjoyed the more complex flavor as well. Not quite as pretty against a red sauce but much tastier in our opinion. Let me know your thoughts post taste test.

I also prefer the flavor and use whole grain pasta in all my recipes .

Ok, we tried it yesterday and I have to say it wasn't what I was expecting. Most in the family didn't like it but I assume it's because we're not used to it. I found it more dry, and heavy. I did however like the colour. I was going to use it in a pasta salad but had it with tomato sauce instead. We'll we have 5 more boxes so maybe it will grow on us.

As for getting a better nights sleep, it took me about 1 1/2 hours to get to sleep since I had a lot on my mind but one a sleep I only woke up once then right back to sleep again. Don't think the pasta contributed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom