Free PDF of The 4-Hour Workweek

Onward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In case you haven't heard of it, The 4-Hour Workweek is the Bible of the "lifestyle design" crowd. I haven't read it but plan to, since the price of this PDF is right.

Here's how to get it. I was able to download the free copy easily. You have to give your first and last name and an email address.

Free PDF of The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss » My Money Blog

Thanks, Onward. Kindle has the updated version for 9.02 with over 1,000 customer reviews averaging 5 stars. The old version has 4 stars at $9.99.

I'm inspired to open my big laptop to get this and take a look at Gumby's video. :cool:

Wow, it's a fast easy download. It and his "Slow-Carb Cookbook" are now in my preview section. Does anyone know a way to send it to iBooks app for iPod (from MacBookPro)?

Nevermind, they sent an email for downloading which I opened in iPod; it allowed it open in iBooks, voila, there it is. Now to figure out how to send itunes liner notes to iBooks.

Got both books. Thanks for posting the links. This book is on my ER reading list. If nothing else, I expect to get a bit of inspiration from the books.

BTW, experiencing another ER experiment as I type this from next to the pool in Cabarete. Supermarket trip for enough food that will cover two people for 5 days cost $40. It's not dirt cheap compared to SE Asia. A large pollo nacho, a conch fritter, and two beers in a restaurant right on the beach cost $36 including tips. There are very, very few cheap eats that serve rice, beans, and eggs for $2.50 inside Cabarete, but in other towns, those can be found easily. I have had breakfast that include a plate of cold cuts, cheese, two fresh bread with butter and fruit spread, coffee, and a juice for $7. That meal alone was enough for breakfast and lunch. Dinner I spent $2.50 on rice, beans, eggs, and some grilled whole chicken from the previous night.

A friend of mine will give me a quick tour of some rental properties after the Christmas craziness for the both of us, but the least I got quoted was $500/month for a western style 1 BR apartment in a compound with a pool and a large generator for the compound. The place is located about a mile from the coast in a gated community. That was the first quote. I am not certain if the rental agent expected me to bargain.

Time required to read "the 4 hour work week": 5 hours.

Ironic.

I don't see the irony. What's so ironic about it? It's ironic only if you classify this particular reading as work. Even then the irony is only 1 hour of the total. :)

I am on page 73 of the book, so far most of what the author says makes great sense. I have to remind myself that the insights came from a guy in his late 20s, not someone in his late 30s or 40s. Just to have this much to say about life, work, and goals and being able to formulate his thoughts into lucid and compelling reading is very impressive to me. Back in my late 20s, I was surfing bicycling sites and talking about hydration needs and how pee while coasting.

Wow, it's a fast easy download. It and his "Slow-Carb Cookbook" are now in my preview section. Does anyone know a way to send it to iBooks app for iPod (from MacBookPro)?

Nevermind, they sent an email for downloading which I opened in iPod; it allowed it open in iBooks, voila, there it is. Now to figure out how to send itunes liner notes to iBooks.

Those who downloaded on their Mac just have to drag and drop to the books to the iTunes book section before syncing. I now have something to read when the girl takes over my laptop.

I am reading 4HWW right now, very interesting so far. I checked it from my local library.

Buns,

Before you make a down payment, check out the hurricanes.

I ain't buying crap, ever. Rent, rent, and rent. There are a ton of quality houses and condos within walking distance of my hotel for rent. I thought I needed a friend's car to see a ton of examples, but I saw enough just on my jog yesterday.

Another take on Mr. Ferris:

Tim Ferriss diet

He just came out with a new book. It’s just as slimy as the first book. The reason is that Tim has no soul. He thinks life is a game, and he is going to be the winner every time, and we want to know how to do it.

The problem is that Tim makes the rules. He’s like a four-year-old playing Candyland and making sure that he gets the Gingerbread man, and the candy cane, and the sort-of-melty ice cream at the end.

So for the Four-Hour-Work-Week the rule is that it’s only work if you hate what you’re doing. So Tim only does stuff he hates four hours a week. He can do this because he has no relationships, so he doesn’t have to accommodate anyone else in his life. It’s amazing, actually, that he even has to “work” for four hours given that he runs his life like a four-year-old.

Now, with the diet book, Tim tells us how we can take out all the emotional and mental health benefits of fitness and understanding your own body. But look. I have a better plan. You can get plastic surgery, and you can take Creatine, and you can use diuretics, and you will get the physical fitness results Tim promises in LESS than four hours a week. I should write a book.

PS: The comments to the Article are, also, an interesting read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom