Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Diamond Gusset jeans - very comfortable and durable!

Welcome to our store : Diamond Gusset Jean Co.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

I bought two pair of Kmart Basic Editions jeans 8 years ago. One pair went to work, the other to leisure. The working stiffs made it about 5years, the leisure pair is looking quite dapper. Could be a lesson there.

Seam stress can alter the equation -

or

Old 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wrangler
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERhoosier View Post
Wrangler
+1
I've been wearing the standard Wrangler jeans since 1967. Not the same pair although they do last a long time for me. I even have a couple of pairs that I wore for a few years and eventually outgrew the waist. I live in jeans and tend to buy the model that isn't quite so prewashed prefering to let them naturally fade to my measurements. I buy them at the military exchange or K-mart for around $15-16.

Cheers!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Lee Riders available at Farm & Fleet stores in the Midwest. Think I pay around $20 a pair. Found them to be very durable, but more to the point, they fit me and at a nice price. Farm & Fleet has at least a half a dozen different brands and styles of blue jeans, so if you have one in your area I'd recommend checking them out.

Note - I don't put my jeans in the dryer. Believe it helps the jeans last longer and the rest of my clothes are happier too because they aren't getting spun around waiting on the jeans to get dry.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseBoy View Post
Lee Riders available at Farm & Fleet stores in the Midwest. Think I pay around $20 a pair. Found them to be very durable, but more to the point, they fit me and at a nice price. Farm & Fleet has at least a half a dozen different brands and styles of blue jeans, so if you have one in your area I'd recommend checking them out.

Note - I don't put my jeans in the dryer. Believe it helps the jeans last longer and the rest of my clothes are happier too because they aren't getting spun around waiting on the jeans to get dry.

We used to shop at Farm & Fleet when we lived in Wisconsin. I thought it was a great place to shop, reasonably priced stuff. I didn't buy jeans there, but I did buy a lot of Carhartt winter gear and some household stuff.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets

Not truly jeans, but I've grown to love Dickies carpenter pants. They take a beating, are comfortable, and DW reports she finds them "slimming" on me. Found at Walmart for under $25.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #28

I've worn these Wrangler jeans from Shepler's for many years. I usually buy four pair at a time. Back in the day they were made in the USA, but not these days.

Wrangler Jeans - 31MWZ Relaxed Fit Rigid - Sheplers
Matthew 6:34 (KJV)
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
JakeBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #29
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERhoosier View Post
Wrangler
+1

I've still got several pairs that I wore on a daily basis for over 10 years beginning in 2000 when I was mixing concrete, laying limestone, weed-wacking and mowing over an acre, building decks, etc.

Aside from a few asphalt stains from shingling roofs, not only do they still fit but they are still intact.

I've always gotten them at Walmart for around $15.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Lee jeans. Because they fit me best & are durable. A good fit is important to me. Can't really say how they compare with other brands on cost & durability - haven't worn any other brands for years because never tried any others on that fit me as well.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Member's Mark from Sams Club. I've bought them for years . $13.68 a pair and last really long. Sometimes get an odd seam of something like that, just a small cosmetic blemish.