Frugal REer gives up a buck.

CuppaJoe

Moderator Emeritus
When do you give to panhandlers? I usually don’t. Instead just send a check to a food bank and a soup kitchen. But this guy got me the other day. Couldn’t resist his three well trained, perfectly behaved pets. Had my camera out before I noticed his huge tin container.

Attachments

• IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 11
Did this happen to be in Gatlinburg, TN? My Dad told me about seeing this a couple of years ago (and he contributed as well).

No, I'm on the West Coast. If it's the same guy, he gets around.

I have a friend who keeps spare change for homeless people with pets. The SPCA says that pets owned by street people are usually very well cared for, anyway they get a lot of attention.

I was just approached last week. I was putting groceries in the trunk of my car at Kroger's and an older lady came up and asked me for $2.00 for the bus. It took me by surprise and I said that I did not know the bus cost $2.00 to ride. She said that she had to transfer from one bus to another. That sounded reasonable to me, so I gave her the $2.00. I did not like getting money out of my purse with her standing there. I had the thought that she could rob me. However, she took the money and thanked me. I much rather give my money to organizations that help the needy than to give it directly to them. However, I guess they could misuse the money either way and hopefully they are putting it to good use.

Love the way threads take unexpected turns; thanks, Al.

I was reluctant to post this photo because the guy looks embarrassed. I’m not good with faces, is it the same guy as in the video?

But Pike said he's found a babysitter for the animal stack, and doesn't intend to wrangle further with the law. For one thing, he said, he's weary of the limelight. "Anything that happens to me makes world news," Pike said. (S.F. Weekly, 12/16/08)

Attachments

• IMG_4108.jpg
    IMG_4108.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 3
Love the way threads take unexpected turns; thanks, Al.
I was reluctant to post this photo because the guy looks embarrassed. I’m not good with faces, is it the same guy as in the video?
his face is hard to see with the shadows, but there is no mistaking the 3 critters' IDs. he may be embarassed, but at least he is getting some help through the rehab program. many homeless simply do not exist.

But to be fair, that money was probably earmarked for new years booze other legal drugs.

Is it so bad that the drug money went to non-FDA approved drugs?
Yeah, where do our entertainment dollars go? And think of someone who made a block-buster come back in 2008. Good cause?

Back
Top Bottom