Funny or Interesting Presents You Gave or Received

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here's something Jenny gave us. It's the book

Amazon.com: Aging With Attitude: Better Than Dying With Dignity (Keepsake) (9781593599768): Pauline Whitchurch, Evelyn Beilenson, Bonnie Krebs: Books

which is OK, but Jenny annotated it to be more appropriate for us. For example, all the writing on the right page is Jenny's:

img_1016308_0_f6abbb2709fe8da251bb9fc5ff887c94.jpg

I gave souvenirs from the high point of this year's travels, Batman and Donald Duck Pez despensers from No. 4 on the list of America's Top Ten Wackiest Roadside attractions, the Pez Museum of Memorabilia.

Saw a book on Amazon that relates to a hobby of mine and my hometown. Thought about sending it to two sets of relatives but went with flowers instead. And there it was under the tree from niece and SIL. :flowers:

I received a pair of gloves for Christmas two years ago - before I got to use them, my kid borrowed them and I never got them back. Last year I got a pair that were too big so I never used them. Yesterday I got a nice pair, fit just right, but when I looked for them this morning they were missing already. I'm getting some real good mileage from the three-year old gloves though. Next year I want Easy Feet.

Here's something Jenny gave us. It's the book

Amazon.com: Aging With Attitude: Better Than Dying With Dignity (Keepsake) (9781593599768): Pauline Whitchurch, Evelyn Beilenson, Bonnie Krebs: Books

which is OK, but Jenny annotated it to be more appropriate for us. For example, all the writing on the right page is Jenny's:

img_1016412_0_f6abbb2709fe8da251bb9fc5ff887c94.jpg

Nice to get presents from those who really know you, hunh? I got a weathered rubber ball, very used and devoid of bounce, with a string poked through it. It will serve nicely as a parking locator down south in the garage. I'd gone to the dollar store looking for a ball and string to use but just couldn't break loose a buck for the purpose. Interesting being away from all the stuff one collects as usable material. Have to buy new boards for cripes sake!

Also got volume 1 of Twain's autobiography, which was not to be published for 100 years after his death. 467 pages of Twain chaff and sweepings, sure to be better than most author's polished gems. Several hundred pages of explanatory notes and such.

We do a present free for all with the extended family. People (DW and her sister, mostly) pick up presents throughout the year, of the weird, funny, and cheap variety. We wrap them, then do a round robin picking them, allowing taking from each other too. Gets cut throat, in a friendly way. Then we sit around opening them, and laughing. This year the best ones were the yodeling pickle, the gaudy frog prince ornament, and the 3 ft long tubes of red licorice and bubble gum balls. I got a bottle of hot sauce and a moose that poops jelly beans. Glad mine were practical. :D

Nice to get presents from those who really know you, hunh? I got a weathered rubber ball, very used and devoid of bounce, with a string poked through it. It will serve nicely as a parking locator down south in the garage.(snip)

I'm curious, how does the ball locate your car?

What Nords said. or you can park juuuust right, then hang the ball from the ceiling so it touches your windshield at a chosen spot. The garage down there isn't real long and if I have the trailer drawbar in the car's receiver i find myself either parking too far forward or risking crunching the lowering door.

or you can park juuuust right, then hang the ball from the ceiling so it touches your windshield at a chosen spot.
For extra fun with a spouse or teen driver, you can shorten the string a quarter-inch every few days...

What Nords said. or you can park juuuust right, then hang the ball from the ceiling so it touches your windshield at a chosen spot.

An improvement is to set it so that it just touches the top/outside edge of the sideview mirror when you are in place. This way you set the right/left position as well as the front/back position.

I set the position of our two cars such that we can open the doors all the way without hitting the other car.

Brilliant! up north i just crowd as far to one side as possible so Ms short girl can veer out of the space next to me. She really doesn't want to rub a line down the side of my car with her bumper, but her not being able to see where the front of her car is makes it difficult and both of us nervous.

Tall is handy sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom