Game Six

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
A reporter on ESPN today said that the game was the most exciting game in over 600 World Series games. Hyperbole? Probably. It was an exciting game to watch, even for a Rangers fan.

In one of the greatest thrillers in baseball history, the Cardinals twice rallied when they were down to their last strike of the season. First, Freese saved them with a two-run triple in the ninth, then Lance Berkman delivered a tying single in the 10th.
And when Freese led off the bottom of the 11th with his shot to beat Texas 10-9 and stomped on the plate, this Game 6 had already been stamped forever.

News from The Associated Press

I agree it was exciting, but such poor defense from both teams can't allow it to be included in any "all-time" greats list of games.

The best World Series game in my memory up until I quit watching MLB ('95) was Game 1 in 1988, Kirk Gibson's home run. A great game with a Hollywood ending.

Game 7 just over.

Best world series in decades. I watched every pitch. Every one.

Great one.
I agree....

...and yeah, my Cards won! :D I live in TX, but my heart (well some of it) is in MO.

Last edited:
This was the best series I can recall for a very long time and it had something for almost everyone, regardless of whether or not you are an avid baseball fan. It was heart breaking being a Rangers fan, but I'm still proud of our guys for a great year and as they say, there is always next year.

Back
Top Bottom