Gas Prices

We drive one vehicle that averages 35mpg and the other 50mpg, I could care less what the gas prices are. A fill up is cheap either way prices go.

We drive one vehicle that averages 35mpg and the other 50mpg, I could care less what the gas prices are. A fill up is cheap either way prices go.

Yeah, so far this year I have spent $869.08 on gas, total. But it's STILL fun to get a bargain. Puts a big smile on my face. :D

Still $2.59 here in ND and there is a refinery about 2 miles from my apartment.

Gas price here was $2.24 when I drove past going for breakfast thus morning. Less than an hour later, on our way home, it had dropped to $2.18 at that station. So I decided to go to the one I usually gas up at, and filled up for $2.16 per gallon.

There a town about 25-30 miles south of us, where it is $1.99, and has been for a week or so now.

People will literately sell a fuel sipper for a gas guzzler after a month of low gas prices.

You know my SIL "Spendarina" then.

We have some heavy snows, she buys a heavy 4WD vehicle. Gas prices go to $4/gallon? She sells the 4WD because of the bad fuel mileage and buys a smallish Kia. The Kia needs brake pads? Trade that in and buy a bigger one.

If we get any appreciable snow this winter I'll bet my next pension check she goes out and buys a heavy 4WD vehicle.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

$2.03 here today (central/east Texas) - looking for it to go below $2 this week. I never thought I'd see gas prices this low again.

Yeah, so far this year I have spent $869.08 on gas, total. But it's STILL fun to get a bargain. Puts a big smile on my face. :D

I've spent $3588 on fuel so far this year. :( A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for daily driving and a very heavy duty 4wd pickup with a snow plow on it are not easy on the mileage and it is a long way into town. I need the capability of both vehicles so I just chalk it up to the cost of living in the mountains where I want to live.

$1.85 today at my local station

Interesting. Today we paid $1.91 just out of Dallas, Tx. When we got to North Houston. it was $2.39! Not sure why. Seems like most of the refineries are in East Houston. That I know of gas is trucked or piped to Dallas. Yet all over Dallas, gas was between $1.87 and $2.15.

$2.86 in Central NY (upstate area near Syracuse) as of Dec 21.

Compared to...(from my previous post)
$3.09 is best local price here in East Nowhere, in upstate NY as of Dec 1.

:(

Last edited:
Interesting. Today we paid $1.91 just out of Dallas, Tx. When we got to North Houston. it was $2.39! Not sure why. Seems like most of the refineries are in East Houston. That I know of gas is trucked or piped to Dallas. Yet all over Dallas, gas was between $1.87 and $2.15.

maybe near the freeway? By us in The Woodlands (away from I-45), I am seeing $2.05 for RUG and $3.02 for diesel.

At my local gas station which is also where my mechanic is, he has been lowering his price a lot lately. He is "down" to $2.93 although the last time I bought gas (from him) a few weeks ago I paid $3.31. I buy gas every 3-4 weeks so I have yet to enjoy buying gas for under $3 a gallon again. Even at $3.31 a gallon, it was nice getting change from $40 after filling up. Next time, hopefully, I can get change from $30.

Actually, if you bought No.10 cans of pinto beans at Walmart, you could make more gas than expensive (or cheap) beer and pizza would produce.

This thread is becoming a real stinker.

Getting back on topic, I noticed on gas buddy that some stations in Texas are now below $1.80

Last edited:
I just filled up at $1.919/gal in a distant suburb outside Chicago. Never thought I'd see a price like this again. Great short term, probably not for the long term though...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I noticed this morning that the lowest gas prices in NJ are in the northern part of the state. Stations there have dipped below $2 per gallon. In Southern NJ the prices are hovering around $2.30.

What is amazing is the one station in the state that has price set close to $4 per gallon. We drive by that station often, and always note the price which is so much higher than others in the area. I guess the thinking is, "If I have to walk out there and pump gas, it is gonna be worth my while."

$2.04 per gallon in Middle Georgia just south of Macon. Since my motor home only gets 8 miles per gallon...

I'm happy dancing.

$1.79 at 7 eleven in Ok is about the cheapest I've seen. No ethanol is about $2.00.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Still around $2.65 at most stations down here in SW FL. You can get $2.44 at Costco. Found diesel for our Beetle for $3.09 yesterday thanks to GasBuddy. My per mile cost is still better in the Beetle, but the 20 mpg Highlander is getting closer.

Back
Top Bottom