Gave Notice Today

bruce1

Full time employment: Posting here.
Let everyone at work know today that July 30 will be my last day. Sent the manager my official letter. He and I work in different offices so I phoned him and he took the phone call well.

Feeling a lot scared but releived and excited at the same time.

Bruce

Way to go, Bruce. I think that feeling a bit scared is part of the process and that it's very normal. I'm about 10 weeks into this retirement thing and I still feel nervous every once in a while.

Congrats.

Way to go Bruce!! I gave my notice on Tuesday and I'm out the door June 29. Can't wait. Seems like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. Can't wait for every day is Saturday.:D:D

Must be something about this time of year. There are several who have just retired or will retire soon on the board. Maybe its the might as well work and save a little more, the weather sucks syndrome for those of us in the winter states.

Thanks for the well wishes

Holy cr@p I have been busy as heck with departure paperwork and a couple of crisis at wor... they seemed less and less important as the week wore on. I've got four weeks Holiday that I was going to take cash for but I will now probably just take them so will be off most of July. :)

A couple of friends were discussing office politics over lunch Wednesday and I found myself thinking who cares. I was looking on as an outsider already

I think it was the spring that made me finally make up my mind. That and being asked to make a personal learning plan. Should have made one and listed a bunch of courses related to retirement activities but really did not want to justify someones existance. >:D

I think I am getting anxious for it to be over but have a small pang of sympathy for some people I am leaving behind..

I am going to be busy, I am already looking at things and saying I will have time to do that now.

Bruce

Congrats!

My DW and I are still FT's, but are both approaching employers about going to PT status (1100-1200 hrs/yr). We are traveling more (4 weeks in last half of year), but we envy you having the summer off.

After months of talk about "What we will do in retirement", we have solid plans for next five years. We both want to see the world, and plan to travel 5-6 weeks per year while we work PT for a couple of years. When we finally FIRE, maybe 13-16 weeks per year. Oh, and I have started writing a novel. I am FIRE'd up, and we can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom