[FONT=&quot]Who's an old geezer!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Name the Beatles. _________ ________ ________ __________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Finish the line: "Lions and Tigers and Bears, _______ !"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. "Hey kids, what time is it?" _____ _____ _____ _____![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. What do M&M's do? ____ ____ ____ ____, ____ ____ ____ ____[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? _____ _____.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Long before he was Mohammed Ali, we knew him as _____ ______.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. You'll wonder where the yellow went, _____ _____ _____ ______ ______ ______[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. Post-baby boomers know Bob Denver as the Skipper's "little buddy." But we know that Bob Denver is actually Dobie's closest friend, ______ G. _______.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: _____? ____ _____ _____ _____![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. "Brylcream: ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone _____ ____.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this line: I wonder, wonder, wonder...wonder who; _____ ______ _____ _____ _________?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War.uh-huh,huh. yea; what is it good for? , ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and _____ ____ _____.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. He later went on to appear in a television commercial wearing women's stockings. He is Broadway _____ ______.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16. "I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish, ____ ____ ____ ___ ____. I'm Popeye the sailor man."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17. Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by ______ ______.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18. In a movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained, "What we have here, ____ ____ ____ ____ ___."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19. In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics. "Just think, you won't have ____ ____ to kick around anymore."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20. "Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six foot, six, weighed 245. Kinda' broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip And everybody knew you didn't give no lip to ____ ____,____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21. "I found my thrill, ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22. ____ ____ said, "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23. "Good night, David." "____ ____,____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24. "Liar, liar, ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25. "When it's least expected, you're elected. You're the star today. ____! ____ ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26. It was Pogo, the comic strip character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and ____ ____ ____."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don’t peek until you answer all the questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ANSWERS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. John, Paul, George, Ringo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Oh, my[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. It's Howdy Doody Time![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. They melt in your mouth, not in your hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Wonder Bread[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Cassius Clay[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. when you brush your teeth with Pepsident[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. Maynard G. Krebbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. Why? Because we like you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. A little dab'll do ya.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. over 30[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. who wrote the book of love[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. Absolutely nothin'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. the American way[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Joe Namath[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16. "cause I eats me spinach"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17. Mary Martin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18. is a failure to communicate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19. Richard Nixon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20. Big John, Big Bad John[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21. On Blueberry Hill[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22. Jimmy Durante - Wherever you are.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23. Good night, Chet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24. pants on fire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25. Smile you're on Candid Camera[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]26. he is us[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SCORING:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24-26 correct - You're probably 50+ years old[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20-23 correct - Most likely in your 40's[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15-19 correct - Are we in our 30's?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10-14 correct - Must be in your 20's!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-9 correct - You're, like, sorta a teenager.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I qualify as a teenager.

Fun!

That must be one old test, though! I'd add at least 10 years to each of the ages in the scoring :) (I missed 20, 21, and 25, and I'm 61).

Fun!

That must be one old test, though! I'd add at least 10 years to each of the ages in the scoring :) (I missed 20, 21, and 25, and I'm 61).
You're probably right. I would guess that file is at least 10 years old.

Hmmm 68. Senior moment? I missed three - and said something nasty when I read the answers.

heh heh heh - :rolleyes:

I missed #25. But I'm surprised to see that the rest of that quiz is half of my daily vocabulary-- and they spelled Pepsodent wrong.

For extra bonus points, #1 should have a fifth blank line.

For double bonus points, explain why things didn't work out...

Last edited:
My personal Geezer test was one I hadn't planned to take. My youngest daughter was struggling with a high school assignment regarding former US presidents. First, she wanted to know who was president before George W. Bush. After I answered, she obviously wanted more presidents, so, for whatever reason, I found myself reciting the former presidents, their opponents, and the years they were elected back to FDR. Now, I don't really have a clear recollection of FDR (he died before I was born), but, for some reason, I recalled the information. DD had sort of a stunned (TMI??) look on her face.

Yep, a geezer and proud of it.

I missed #25. But I'm surprised to see that the rest of that quiz is half of my daily vocabulary-- and they spelled Pepsodent wrong.

Are you referring to Stu Sutcliff (spelling?) or Pete Best? Others would include Billy Preston as the 5th Beatle. YMMV.

Got everything except 25. I thought that was something to do with Queen for a Day.

AND Ringo?

Yoko Ono?

Definitely a youthful Geezer.

#19 is wrong on two counts. Richard Nixon said it, but the quote is wrong and he referred to himself as 'Nixon', not 'Richard Nixon', or even 'Dick Nixon' (as I had thought). Should be just one blank to fill in.

Sounds to me like "Just think how much you're going to be missing ,you don't have Nixon to kick around anymore.

Didn't know #22 and though I knew #17, I couldn't come up with the name right away.

-ERD50

And it's Muhammad Ali not Mohammed Ali..........perhaps the test is designed to assess one's powers of observation rather than memory? [FONT=&quot];)
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom