• Male

Votes: 74 59.7%
  • Female

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters
Where's the choice for "feline"?

If this poll is representative, likely this board has a higher female membership than other financial oriented boards by quite a bit. It certainly has a different, perhaps less geeky tone than others I have visited. I think this balance is likely one reason why this board is so successful.

Ha

I am not sure I would care for the sort of sandwich that has a "gender."

2 He's with She in between? Or the other way 'round? How unsanitary, as my mother would have said :ROFLMAO:

Amethyst

Can I just stay female and lose 30 pounds, 30 years, and know what I know now? :D

Hummmm, Puts me in mind of that movie Orlando where the he turns into a she.
Many of us who live in urban areas see she(s) who have become he(s), and he(s) who have become she(s) every day, and ordinarily cannot tell.

This thread intentionally or not asked about gender, rather than sex. And as I have learned, gender is a very nuanced issue in today's world. Right now there is a political battle going on in a state that I cannot remember, over gender identification on drivers' licenses. The state says, yes, your license will reflect your new "sex assignment", but only if your external genitals also reflect the same. But the petitioners say that the state cannot force them to have surgery that they do not want, and that may have various negative consequences. The petitioners assert that if the person feels male (or female), and adopts that social role, then he/she needs identification to reflect this.

The unexpected byways of this world seem odd to an outsider- like a man who becomes a woman with a surgical reassignment, then enters into a lesbian relationship with a woman. Without a fairly advanced understanding this would seem to be a lot of expense, pain, and risk to arrive back where you started, but those affected do not usually feel this way.

I have even read about men who got surgically reassigned as women, then decided they really preferred being men after all. From my POV, not an overwhelmingly successful outcome.

Ha

Oh, that is tragic - poor things. Isn't life complicated enough? /A

I have even read about men who got surgically reassigned as women, then decided they really preferred being men after all. From my POV, not an overwhelmingly successful outcome.

Ha

Ha

I met such a person who was a cruise entertainer while on that ship. He had pictures and had become a fairly attractive mid sized woman. Regarding the transition back the person had the eyebrows permanently removed or narrowed by electrolysis/laser and the nose feminized.

Somehow having the eyebrows penciled in thicker did not do it at arms length conversation to make the revision natural looking. No idea if there are hair transplants for that sort of thing.

Many of us who live in urban areas see she(s) who have become he(s), and he(s) who have become she(s) every day,

Yes, here in New Orleans, especially in the French Quarter, some of the most beautiful women are anatomically male (a nasty surprise for some of the more unsophisticated male tourists from time to time), and then there are those who were born male and have had surgery/hormones to change that, and others who venture into the zone between male and female in one way or another for a plethora of reasons. Situations such as these can make a question like this difficult or painful to answer for some. In deference to ALL of those who really aren't sure what to answer, I included the third choice.

And this is why I asked for gender, not sex. It just seems more understanding.

For me the question is pretty clear and easy to answer since I have only been female for my entire life, and feel comfortable with that. Most others here are similarly certain that they are female, or male, so the question is simple to answer.

Last edited:
..........I have even read about men who got surgically reassigned as women, then decided they really preferred being men after all. From my POV, not an overwhelmingly successful outcome.

Ha

I wonder if there is organ swapping between people moving in opposite directions. :confused:

While our genitalia may mark us in a binary fashion, it has always seemed to me that our self-image is not so digital. I think we all fall out at different places along a spectrum running from manly men to girly girls.

All woman, I am, I am. :cool:

I do think like a man, a product of hanging out with you guys for as long as I can remember. :LOL:
I have never let my gender serve as a roadblock to anything I wanted to do. The world is not always perfect in this respect, but so what? My signature says it all. :D

I get the distinct impression that more males than females belong to the ER Forum. Many of our profiles show for Gender: "undisclosed".

So, I am curious:

Are you male or female?

I did a search on "gender" and didn't find any previous threads on this topic - - hope I didn't miss any.

Slow day? And, where do we post the proof?:greetings10:

If this poll is representative, likely this board has a higher female membership than other financial oriented boards by quite a bit. It certainly has a different, perhaps less geeky tone than others I have visited. I think this balance is likely one reason why this board is so successful.

Ha

A major part of the reason I joined this board was that there were female members and moderators.

I am physically female and str8, but tend to come across as male on all those gender identity tests.

I know one other Khan.. but his nickname is short for Conrad. I picked up early that you were female, but am still undecided if you are a trekker, trekkie, or just especially adore that actor.

I`m sure Kynt would be happy to borrow your lipstick, bbbamI.
:D.....ahhhhh, naw, I don't think so. I believe Kynt wouldn't like my shade of lipstick......

Hummmm, Puts me in mind of that movie Orlando where the he turns into a she. But just thinking, 24 hours as a guy. Now that would be cool but only if I could be 6'4", ripped, Black wavy hair and blue eyes with a baritone voice. Mustache optional. Nope. I'll stay a she. I'd much rather enjoy what I described above than being it.
Ahhhhha....yet another convincing post to remain a female. ;)

While our genitalia may mark us in a binary fashion, it has always seemed to me that our self-image is not so digital. I think we all fall out at different places along a spectrum running from manly men to girly girls.

I do not know how close to manly man I am, but I like girly girls. :smitten:

I know one other Khan.. but his nickname is short for Conrad. I picked up early that you were female, but am still undecided if you are a trekker, trekkie, or just especially adore that actor.

Khan is the cat's name, from Genghis Khan; I am a low level trekkie.

I get the distinct impression that more males than females belong to the ER Forum. Many of our profiles show for Gender: "undisclosed".

So, I am curious:

Are you male or female?

I did a search on "gender" and didn't find any previous threads on this topic - - hope I didn't miss any.

Come on, its the 21st century, gotta have an answer of transgender on all polls like this..........;)

Ahhhh...what a lovely thing to say. Just for you Ha I would decline the choice. Besides...what would I do with all my lipstick? ;)

Donate the dark colors to a local HS, plenty of goth boys willing to get their hands on it.........;)

Yes, here in New Orleans, especially in the French Quarter, some of the most beautiful women are anatomically male (a nasty surprise for some of the more unsophisticated male tourists from time to time), and then there are those who were born male and have had surgery/hormones to change that, and others who venture into the zone between male and female in one way or another for a plethora of reasons.

So that's IT!! I just knew Mardi Gras really was a transgender celebration...........:)

Back
Top Bottom