Gene Wilder dead at 83

That is a bummer; I didn't realize that he had Alzheimer's.

It looks like he was active as late as October of 2014 according to this article. It may be a blessing that the Alzheimer's took him as fast as it did...I know a lot of folks suffer for YEARS with that dreadful disease.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/loc...lazing-Saddles-40th-5846244.php#photo-7043231

Last edited:
O, sad. I loved him!
So many celebrities gone this year it seems.

Yeah, a real bummer. In '91 I was in NY on a business trip, eating lunch in a restaurant in Mt Kisko, just two tables occupied. Gene Wilder was sitting at the table next to ours. We managed to respect each other's privacy .. :)

Yeah, a real bummer. In '91 I was in NY on a business trip, eating lunch in a restaurant in Mt Kisko, just two tables occupied. Gene Wilder was sitting at the table next to ours. We managed to respect each other's privacy .. :)

I can only imagine how great that was for him. When I worked at a bar/grill in Arkansas many a moon ago, we often had Jerry Van Dyke come in for lunch. He was a very kind man, but he invariably would be harassed by no less than 5 customers every time he came in. Granted, it's come with being in show business, but come on people...let the man eat in peace!

RIP....... never had the privilege of meeting either.....but do understand from second and third hand accounts both he and Gilda Radner were very kind and down to earth people despite their success....

RIP....... never had the privilege of meeting either.....but do understand from second and third hand accounts both he and Gilda Radner were very kind and down to earth people despite their success....

Makes sense in the statement released from his family that he didn't want to have his illness associated with him and the fun of his movies. I also noted that he hasn't acted in a number of years since today's movies are all "cussing and blowing things up"...I couldn't disagree with man about that.

O man.......He was a FUNNY FUNNY guy!!!!!

"The Producers"...and....

"Blazing Saddles"...."Young Frankenstein"...."Willy Wonka" .....He was a riot!!!!

Like someone else said....thank goodness he didn't linger too long with Alzheimers......

He and Gilda are finally together again. They were quite a pair!

Wow, I didn't realize he was that old. I guess that's the magic of the silver screen - - actors and actresses almost seem frozen in time.

RIP, Gene Wilder.

I didn't think he was that old either, nor that he had alzheimers. Loved his movies from the early 70s.

Best use of the game "Charades" in a movie (Young Frankenstein): With the hilarious Marty Feldman, Wilder described "Give him a sedaGive!" There's a video clip for this somewhere, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom