Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
That should get you a passing fart.

Ha
This is Texas, we don't have those high priced Seattle establishments down here

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
I was in one of the more "adventurous" clubs in Berlin a few years back. I (we - on business, of course) got into a conversation with a young lady who was working the tables and she mentioned she was a student at Boston College who was working there to save money for tuition....

in playboy magazine -when i was younger obviously-all the nude females were anthropology majors at usc or ucla.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
Dryer sheet aficionado

My husband and I had a bachelor/bachelorette party. We ended the night at a strip club, and us girls were having more fun and were more rowdy than the guys!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A friend of mine was married to a stripper. (He married her and then she became a stripper ) His ex loved going to strip club and so I go with them once or twice a year. I didn't see a lot of couples, but then I may have been distracted. We did often go with other woman and I can say that as rule woman are more crazy at strip clubs than men, or they just get drunk faster
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #25

I have never been interested in that type of thing. However, I am always willing to try new things, so I would go and have a good time. Stay safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeUC View Post
Just how common is this GF's and Wives in strip, ummmm, sorry GENTLEMEN'S (cough cough) CLUBS are now?

Thoughts?
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
I have never been interested in that type of thing. However, I am always willing to try new things, so I would go and have a good time. Stay safe.
Strictly a professional interest?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #27

Not even. I can separate work and eroticism. You don't "see" with the same eyes. Hard to explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post

Strictly a professional interest?
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgyn65 View Post
........ You don't "see" with the same eyes. Hard to explain.
Interesting. Being a techie, I find it impossible to watch SciFi. Most of the props and he way things are arranged to work elicits and immediate "bulls*it" and a comment that "it" does not work that way.

Glad you can separate. Enjoy.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #29
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
That should get you a passing fart.

Ha
True even in Thailand

Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #30

I've been to a few. The clubs where women dance were far better than the ones where men dance. Magic Mike they aren't!

The girls usually have some dancing and pole tricks talent, which is actually enjoyable to watch (I took pole dancing classes for about three years), whereas the guys just tend to take off all their clothes and stare at themselves in the mirrors.

I've foun it interesting, but have only gone with a group of girls, never co-ed. Have fun!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustward View Post
This thread reminds me of this Dear Abby: Strippers don’t need rescuing - KansasCity.com

I was especially attracted to these terms: street pimp, do-gooder, and vice trade. It's like this person wanted to save somebody that didn't really need saving.
I actually knew a girl in college who earned her degree that way. Her parents were killed in an accident when she was 18, no money, no relatives, etc. and for her that was her "ticket out". To my knowledge she did not engage in any of the other activities that "gentleman's clubs" are notorious for, and she kept her grades up.

Acknowledged she is the exception but sometimes it does happen.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

A friend and I waited at a strip club for a ride after the car broke down. We were in our early 20's and had been at a dance club about a mile away. Anyway (I'm a little hazy on how it started) but the girls enlisted us to become part of the show, even giving us their ones to give back to them.

The one solid memory I have is being goaded into putting a dollar bill in my mouth for one of the strippers to take and the extreme reaction it got from the guys. I didn't like the reaction and I thought it was disgusting to put a dollar bill in my mouth!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags View Post
Me thinks there is an ulterior motive here.
They could be swingers alooking for a menage au trois
That's my vote!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeUC View Post
But not quite THAT adventurous !
I've been personally invited to participate in such activities twice in my life, that I can remember.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
This is Texas, we don't have those high priced Seattle establishments down here
Agree with that. Also, a pretty stripper in Shreveport told me she was a student at the local Bible college! I absolutely believedher.

Also, a disclaimer: I have not patronized a "gentleman's club" in several years. However, I'm spending a week (work related) in Ft. Worth/Dallas at the end of the month, and have already been briefed that might happen.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #36
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Also, a disclaimer: I have not patronized a "gentleman's club" in several years. However, I'm spending a week (work related) in Ft. Worth/Dallas at the end of the month, and have already been briefed that might happen.
Gonna take one for the team, eh? What a guy!

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Gonna take one for the team, eh? What a guy!

Yep, I'm a team player!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #38

This thread reminds me of what used to happen in Tampa many years ago. In fact it may still happen, but I do not keep up with these things anymore. Tampa had many all nude strip clubs, and periodically the police would raid them and the customers would be arrested and had their names show up in the paper. Nevertheless, the clubs kept operating.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #39
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm not a "regular" visitor to these clubs, though I would suggest there's a broad continuum within which these places fit.

Some are very prissy, for lack of a better term, some are downright raunchy, and some could give nightmares to the more gentile among us...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #40
Recycles dryer sheets

I always use to drink a few before going cause the brews were exspensive.Also a half pint in the coat pocket to slug in the mens room.Of course this was along time ago.At least a week.