Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
A friend of mine was married to a stripper. (He married her and then she became a stripper )
I think marrying a current stripper is better than marrying a woman who becomes a stripper..........after all, what does that say about you the spouse??

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I've been to a few. The clubs where women dance were far better than the ones where men dance. Magic Mike they aren't!

The girls usually have some dancing and pole tricks talent, which is actually enjoyable to watch (I took pole dancing classes for about three years), whereas the guys just tend to take off all their clothes and stare at themselves in the mirrors.

I've foun it interesting, but have only gone with a group of girls, never co-ed. Have fun!
Speaking of pole dancing, this thread is useless without pictures.

Hers is an example where art successfully camouflages superb technical skill combined with strength.

Anastasia Shukhtorova HD 720p - YouTube

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Wonder how this thread would go over at Bogleheads? :^)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRDave View Post
Wonder how this thread would go over at Bogleheads? :^)
For a tip you could say "Pssst, Wellesley"...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Speaking of pole dancing, this thread is useless without pictures.

Hers is an example where art successfully camouflages superb technical skill combined with strength.

Anastasia Shukhtorova HD 720p - YouTube
That is impressive! It takes amazing strength to do those moves, particularly when she is holding herself perpendicular to the ground by only her hands.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
That is impressive! It takes amazing strength to do those moves, particularly when she is holding herself perpendicular to the ground by only her hands.
It might be easier for her if she would take off all that heavy clothing.

Ha
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
It might be easier for her if she would take off all that heavy clothing.

Ha
Naughty, naughty Ha!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #48

More than a few years ago, the first time I took DW to Las Vegas, very good friends of ours were also there and our vacations overlapped. DW, and the other wife totally shocked me and the other husband when they asked us to take them to a "Gentlemen's Club" one night. They were just curious and wanted to see what went on. Since I had only been to one once when I was single, and the other husband had never been to one, it took them some convincing but we ended up going to a "nicer" club. Frankly me and the other husband had more fun seeing DW and his wife's reactions to the goings on than the club activities themselves.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #49

Well, like I always say "Ya seen one, ya seen 'em both." But seriously, many years back I was taking a few day's scenic drive through Ontario. Returning to the US mid Sunday morning, I stopped at the border to visit the duty free shop. There was a money exchange there and I noticed a moderately attractive young woman at an exchange window. She had stacks of $CAN 5's and 10's in both hands. Best WAG, it was one to three grand (ca 1990). I asked one of the tellers what was going on. I was surprised that they would hazard a guess, but they did. They suggested she might be one of several (female) American students putting herself through school by working at one of Canada's many upscale Gentlemen's clubs. Naively, I asked how she could go to school and work all week. The guy chuckled and suggested she probably came over Friday night and Saturday.

Looking back with an ER perspective, it would seem some of us could have retired much earlier via such a route. Maybe just forget school, work hard for a few years, save the money and then watch the dividend checks roll in. But, sigh, I was born too early and with all the wrong equipment. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
More than a few years ago, the first time I took DW to Las Vegas, very good friends of ours were also there and our vacations overlapped. DW, and the other wife totally shocked me and the other husband when they asked us to take them to a "Gentlemen's Club" one night. They were just curious and wanted to see what went on. Since I had only been to one once when I was single, and the other husband had never been to one, it took them some convincing but we ended up going to a "nicer" club. Frankly me and the other husband had more fun seeing DW and his wife's reactions to the goings on than the club activities themselves.

Palomino Club, huh? Not that I've ever been there....
Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Well, like I always say "Ya seen one, ya seen 'em both." But seriously, many years back I was taking a few day's scenic drive through Ontario. Returning to the US mid Sunday morning, I stopped at the border to visit the duty free shop. There was a money exchange there and I noticed a moderately attractive young woman at an exchange window. She had stacks of $CAN 5's and 10's in both hands. Best WAG, it was one to three grand (ca 1990). I asked one of the tellers what was going on. I was surprised that they would hazard a guess, but they did. They suggested she might be one of several (female) American students putting herself through school by working at one of Canada's many upscale Gentlemen's clubs. Naively, I asked how she could go to school and work all week. The guy chuckled and suggested she probably came over Friday night and Saturday.

Looking back with an ER perspective, it would seem some of us could have retired much earlier via such a route. Maybe just forget school, work hard for a few years, save the money and then watch the dividend checks roll in. But, sigh, I was born too early and with all the wrong equipment. YMMV

My only visit to Ontario was just across the border near Niagara Falls. A friend & I took a jet boat ride on the Niagara River, on the Canadian side. On the way down/up the river, with maybe 20 other people on the boat, we came across 3 naked women sunbathing on some big rocks, right by the river. There was lots of whooping & hollering on the boat, and the boat captain made a couple of u-turns so we could pass them a few extra times for a better surveillance of the natural beauty of the area. The sunbathing ladies paid little to no attention to the attention they were getting from gawkers on the boat...myself not included, of course!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #52
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Interesting. Being a techie, I find it impossible to watch SciFi. Most of the props and he way things are arranged to work elicits and immediate "bulls*it" and a comment that "it" does not work that way.
I love to watch them partly for that (along with having an amateur interest in the technicals of movie-making magic). So they throw conservation of mass (among other physical laws) out the window... it's still fun watching the Hulk smash. YMMV.

Tyro
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #53

I recall some Sci Fi movie DW was watching recently, they showed an old DuMont oscilloscope running several Lissajous patterns in random order as a lie detector. Hmm....
Old 03-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

This is a true story. In my single days, I met a woman at church. We ended up going out on a date. After dinner, we went to a nice bar nearby. About an hour later, she asks if I would take her to a local "gentlemen's club". I just about fell out of my chair. I decided what the heck, and went along with it.

We go there, and she knows ALL the dancers, and introduces me to them. A little while later we are alone and I ask how she knows this place and all the girls. She tells me she used to dance, but now has turned over a new leaf and is a born-again Christian, but still is friends with the girls there.

It did not last, but we dated for about 6 months. I just could not get my mind around a scenario like that. She ran a bible study at our church so I did believe her. Plus, it gave me faith that some people can actually change their life if they want to.

Strange but true..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #55

When I hear the phrase "Gentlemen's Club", I think of an actual club, e.g. those in the St. James' district, or their equivalent in other cities ... not some low-rent strip bar.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #56
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
When I hear the phrase "Gentlemen's Club", I think of an actual club, e.g. those in the St. James' district, or their equivalent in other cities ... not some low-rent strip bar.
Funny, here in Canada (where they are considerably more risque than in the US) the general euphemism is "going to the ballet"

And yes, I've been in enough of them all of the world, during business/business trips. I actually don't like them much (visual stimulation aside). They're one of those places where the minute you step through the door you feel like you've got "sucker" written on your forehead. Expensive drinks, table dances, extras.. mind you, I'm sure owning one is probably a decent way to FIRE (notwithstanding the vig you'd have to pay to the local "protectionists")
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #57

I like that "going to the ballet" euphemism! Very funny.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #58
Recycles dryer sheets

WoW, lots of people interested in Gentlemen's Clubs.... LOL I have never posted a topic that got so many views so quickly.

Anyway, we go tonight and tomorrow I'll try to post a full report of the adventure...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeUC View Post
WoW, lots of people interested in Gentlemen's Clubs.... LOL I have never posted a topic that got so many views so quickly.

Anyway, we go tonight and tomorrow I'll try to post a full report of the adventure...
Have Fun. Looking forward to the FULL report of the adventure
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #60

This thread is worthless without pictures.