Join Early Retirement Today

Re: George Bush Comes In Third
Old 11-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
This inquiring mind wants to know why the mods aren't enforcing asshole's ban...
Come on, Brewer. Diversity is good for your soul.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #42
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
This inquiring mind wants to know why the mods aren't enforcing asshole's ban...

??

Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'max'

??
This comment is related to your choice of username, and I find it unlikely you are not aware of the reason for the response you are getting. The forum had an unpleasant experience with another Canadian poster, now persona non grata, who used the name Maximillion. Your posts are reminiscent of his in content but not necessarily in style.

By any chance, have you recently relocated from Ontario?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am not sure I would call it appeasement though.
A rose by any other name?

Quote:
But the policy towards Iraq had been an unmitigated disaster.

I can't disagree. But even if it ends up being a failure the possibility of dramatically changing the region for the better was worth the risk. Too many people have too short a view on history. The sacrifice by the U.S., the U.K. the Iraqi's themselves, and all others involved pales in comparison to the potential benefits to be won for countless generations of Iraqi's to come. Do other people of the world not deserve the freedoms we take for granted?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

It is an abomination that as we begin the 21st century the free people of the world are content to enjoy their freedoms, security, and wealth while countless billions remain oppressed and impoverished. Meanwhile the "enlightened" leaders of the free world angle to maintain a status quo that preserves the stability of their comfort by keeping monsters like Kim Jong Il in power. Those "enlightened" leaders are supported by hypocrites who decry the slightest infringement of "civil rights" in nations with bountiful freedoms but protest vigorously against any provocation that might bring freedoms to the truly oppressed abroad.

Anyone who attempts to upset this Faustian bargain with despots and tyrants is declared a “threat to global security.” The world should be so lucky as to promote more such people to positions of power.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
??
The point that Brewer is making, 'max', is that your IP address and ISP bear a stunning resemblance to a banned poster known as mike-1, limey, & "don't post here anymore".

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #46
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
This comment is related to your choice of username, and I find it unlikely you are not aware of the reason for the response you are getting. The forum had an unpleasant experience with another Canadian poster, now persona non grata, who used the name Maximillion. Your posts are reminiscent of his in content but not necessarily in style.

By any chance, have you recently relocated from Ontario?

No problem if the choice of name is a problem. A name I can change anytime. No I haven't relocated from Ontario although I have visited there. As to your comment on content all I can say is that I have always been interested in world politics and, for better or worse, right now George Bush is very much in the news.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #47
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
The point that Brewer is making, 'max', is that your IP address and ISP bear a stunning resemblance to a banned poster known as mike-1, limey, & "don't post here anymore".
Well I still like to know what all the fuss is about but if I am problem to this board (or if I am somehow disruptive?), whatever, then have management send me a PM and I will simply go elsewhere. If you wish you can simply ban me. It matters not. I am active on a few other boards so I can spend time elsewhere. Your choice. I will not make an issue over it. Life is too short for pettiness.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Well I still like to know what all the fuss is about but if I am problem to this board (or if I am somehow disruptive?), whatever, then have management send me a PM and I will simply go elsewhere. If you wish you can simply ban me. It matters not. I am active on a few other boards so I can spend time elsewhere. Your choice. I will not make an issue over it. Life is too short for pettiness.
'max', you share too many coincidental characteristics with mike-1.

Your ISP is the same and your IP address is nearly the same. Your e-mail address is the same popular e-mail website. You're from the same area. You don't show much interest in ER discussions but you bring up politics and Canadian-American relationships. Your phrasing and verbiage is similar and you make an appeal for us moderators to engage you in PMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
When I arrived here in 1962 I was sold the USA would never bother to invade this country, as it has others, because the USA owns us anyways.
Quote:
I am now 63 years of age and left the UK in 1962.
You even seem to have come to this continent in the same year. That's just one too many coincidences.

You might prefer to engage in political discussions on this board.

Begone.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Seems to me that some here might be mildly interested in how some Canadians feel. Others here won't care one way or the other I imagine.

SOmeone sent this picture of the tag inside a backpack apparently made in Quebec a couple of years ago. I get the gist of it, but maybe someone who has better French will post the xlation.

Attached Images
File Type: gif Tag.gif (48.9 KB, 28 views)
Attached Files
File Type: gif_thumb Tag.gif_thumb (40.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #50
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobot
SOmeone sent this picture of the tag inside a backpack apparently made in Quebec a couple of years ago. I get the gist of it, but maybe someone who has better French will post the xlation.
After the washing instructions, it says, "We are terribly sorry that our president is an idiot. We didn't vote for him."

Sounds like it was made in the US to me, or at least the text was written by Americans if it was hired out for manufacture in Quebec.