Join Early Retirement Today

Re: George Foreman Grill?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Lean meats, veggies, whole grains...

The nutritional equivalent to index funds!!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

By the way, looks like these guys have a lot of the pf changs recipes...if you're looking for any others

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/c...ipes/index.htm

There are also some excellent books "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" that knock off all sorts of highly regarded restaurant fare. Once I got the recipes for the two sauces served at Benihana I no longer needed to pay $25-35 a pop to eat there...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()
You know those guys in texas probably rammed your corolla on purpose, didntya? "Look billy bob, theres one a them there japaneees cars...lets hit it and see what happens!"
You left out the part where he says, "...hold my beer..."

Old 01-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Isnt that usually preceeded by "Hey y'all...watch this"...which is usually epilogued by a funeral?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yes, I did mean George Foreman grill! I want to go to ()'s house for dinner!!!

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer
I want to go to ()'s house for dinner!!!
We had orange bell peppers stuffed with a moroccan inspired mixture of couscous, tomatoes, onions, garlic, raisins, cranberries (ok, not moroccan), figs, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, diced preserved lemon, paprika and smoked anaheim pepper chili powder. Maybe one or two other things I forgot.

We had one left over too...

Gabe thoroughly enjoyed the stuffing with a side of whole cream yogurt...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #47

I won't even tell you what I had for dinner tonight. I would be laughed right out of this forum! Too bad you live in CA, it sounds wonderful!

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 AM   #48
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm thinkin' I need more than a George Foreman grill to keep up with the meals you all are talkin' about!!!

Not a single person mentioned hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Along with chocolate, you have most of the major food groups.

CJ
cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Not a single person mentioned hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.* Along with chocolate, you have most of the major food groups.
Add the poultry & tomato sauce food groups and you've just described most of the meals in our house.

My idea of great cooking is one hour in the kitchen that produces a meal plus at least two more meals of leftovers. Someday I'll tweak my own version of once-a-month cooking.

When we want to eat like TH, we eat out... and, of course, we bring home the leftovers!

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #50
Full time employment: Posting here.

Nords - I am right there with you! With both of us working, there is no way there's something "new" for dinner every night. I always cook big batches of food, and we eat leftovers at least 2-3 nights per week. I have a friend who says her husband won't eat leftovers. I say, he'd be one hungry guy!

Leftovers usually taste better than the first time anyway.

CJ
cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Leftovers are a way of life for the LBYMer, especially in the accumulation/w***ing part of life...

Chili, spaghetti, roast, meatloaf, tuna surprise, and various skillet/ casserole/ stew/ stir-fry conglomerations. Quick, easy, cheap!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Funds, Will Retire
Leftovers are a way of life for the LBYMer, especially in the accumulation/w***ing part of life...

Chili, spaghetti, roast, meatloaf, tuna surprise, and various skillet/ casserole/ stew/ stir-fry conglomerations. Quick, easy, cheap!!
My honey said the sweetest words I ever hoped to hear last night: "This hamburger cassarole is probably my favorite meal!"
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #53
Give me a forum ...

A keeper!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
When we want to eat like TH, we eat out... and, of course, we bring home the leftovers!
We try that, but the wife makes funny faces when she eats the food and says I'm going to have to make it better at home the next day to make up for it. Not much of a time or money saver that.

[Homer] Mmmm...chocolate hotdogs with macaroni and cheese... [/homer]
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()
We try that, but the wife makes funny faces when she eats the food and says I'm going to have to make it better at home the next day to make up for it.
Hey, you fell into that trap, you have to get yourself out of it!

Our kid has learned not to criticize the cooking either... but she learned how to make several good recipes as a result of the experience.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:58 AM   #56

I've wondered about the GF grill but resisted buying one for fear it was just another on of those "Ronco" products that would end up in the trash or out for a yardsale. Guess I'll have to give one a try.

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:28 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

My dad has one, but always says he loves it but hates to clean it. My dad is about 47 times more neat and clean than I am, but then again he doesnt have three dogs, three cats and a baby to clean up after; so I figure if its too much trouble for him, its DEFINITELY too much trouble for me.

The tin foil clamshell trick sounds like it might solve the problem though...

The Kohls deal looks to be dead, but keep an eye on fatwallet.com, theres almost always a GF grill deal kicking around.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtahere
I've wondered about the GF grill but resisted buying one for fear it was just another on of those "Ronco" products that would end up in the trash or out for a yardsale.* Guess I'll have to give one a try.
Main thing I like abou it is that I eat way more vegetables with one. A lot of men living alone don't eat many veggies- this makes them so appealing, at least to me, that I get my quota.