Get Ready Texas & California

The most interesting thing about that article to me is that AP & FoxNews reported the Rhode Island budget deficit in both dollars & ----- Euros !!!

The most interesting thing about that article to me is that AP & FoxNews reported the Rhode Island budget deficit in both dollars & ----- Euros !!!
Saw that also.....Well the dollar is pretty low, or maybe their illegals are actually from Europe:confused:

Brings up another point. Why is Congress refusing to address this issue? They wont tackle health care, social security or any of the hard issues. Keep passing the buck down the line I guess. Eventually someone will be forced to deal with it.

For California - it's already too late. Bush, Pelosi among many others have sold us out. They want open borders - a North American alliance. We can't even get English as the official language.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0[/URL]

That's the main issue for me personaly. I don't care all that much if someone enters the country illegaly as long as they speak fluent english. If they don't they need to leave, by force if necessary. I took a vacation from the midwest to California in Feb '07 to see if I may want to move out there. From LA to San Diego to Las Vegas there were several businesses where I couldn't communicate with an employee because they couldn't speak english. How do they get hired if they don't speak english?? I was at a restaurant in Las Vegas and asked an employee a question and her response was "no comprende". That was the final straw for me. I left that day, several days earlier than planned, and don't expect to return. I would never even consider visiting another country let alone living there if I didn't speak their language at least well enough to carry-on a desent conversation.

I take the opposite approach. NO ONE can enter the country without papers: green card, work visa, Zig-Zags...

If they can't understand me, then I guess I'll take my money and business elsewhere...

That's the main issue for me personaly. I don't care all that much if someone enters the country illegaly as long as they speak fluent english.

It is becoming more and more common here in Southern California to find employees who speak only Spanish. It's also very common to see jobs advertised in the paper requiring that you be bilingual.

A rental owner in California wanting to verify credit for a prospective renter can't ask for much in the way of identifying info. Our local Apartment Owners Assoc notified members the other day of new rules. You can no longer ask a rental applicant for a social security # or a driver's license because an ILLEGAL immigrant might not have these and that would be discrimination. Instead you're advised to use other means of ID - e.g. a passport? :confused: Good luck!!

No matter how many times we in California get propositions on the ballot to try to protect ourselves from the onslaught of ILLEGAL immigration - and to date they have always passed overwhelmingly - they are overturned by the liberal judges of the California 9th circuit court - or simply declared unconstitutional and thrown into some kind of legal no mans land. The mayor of Los Angeles has declared LA as a sanctuary city. Meanwhile, our hospitals and schools are overwhelmed by ILLEGAL immigrants and some hospitals have closed as a result.
Well that's my 2 cents fwiw, I'll get off my soapbox. Like you Aaron, I would move - just can't think of anywhere better. Like a lot of us on this forum, I'm open to suggestions.

Move to Mexico with your friends and neighbors, and speak only English in your new area. With the ILLEGAL immigrants settling into CA and TX, you will be able to shape your new home to your liking. What do you think?

That's the main issue for me personaly. I don't care all that much if someone enters the country illegaly as long as they speak fluent english.

It is becoming more and more common here in Southern California to find employees who speak only Spanish. It's also very common to see jobs advertised in the paper requiring that you be bilingual.

A rental owner in California wanting to verify credit for a prospective renter can't ask for much in the way of identifying info. Our local Apartment Owners Assoc notified members the other day of new rules. You can no longer ask a rental applicant for a social security # or a driver's license because an ILLEGAL immigrant might not have these and that would be discrimination. Instead you're advised to use other means of ID - e.g. a passport? :confused: Good luck!!

No matter how many times we in California get propositions on the ballot to try to protect ourselves from the onslaught of ILLEGAL immigration - and to date they have always passed overwhelmingly - they are overturned by the liberal judges of the California 9th circuit court - or simply declared unconstitutional and thrown into some kind of legal no mans land. The mayor of Los Angeles has declared LA as a sanctuary city. Meanwhile, our hospitals and schools are overwhelmed by ILLEGAL immigrants and some hospitals have closed as a result.
Well that's my 2 cents fwiw, I'll get off my soapbox. Like you Aaron, I would move - just can't think of anywhere better. Like a lot of us on this forum, I'm open to suggestions.

Mexico has said California and Texas were taken from them illegally. Mexico is now slowly taking them back.

Back
Top Bottom