Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporateburnout View Post
Maybe this article in USA TODAY may change your mind regarding Brady's status as an elite QB. Looks to me like Brady had better numbers than Montana for the first 8 years of their careers.

BTW both Montana and Bradshaw had excellent offensive lines.

Faces of Patriots' franchise take a shot at NFL history - USATODAY.com
yeah you can't really compare stats because the rules have changed so much. Remember the NFL changed the rules to make it easier to score, so that games would be more fun to watch.

I know a LOT of people will say I'm wrong about Brady, and maybe I am...but I just haven't seen anything that puts him in Montana's class, other than the number of rings on his fingers.
novaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman View Post

but I just haven't seen anything that puts him in Montana's class, other than the number of rings on his fingers.
That's a pretty strong reason. A team might luck up and win one Super Bowl with out a great quarterback, but not 3. And at his age, he has a pretty good chance to have a ring on each finger of one hand before he retires. BTW, I'm not a Patriot fan. Not a big NFL fan for that matter. But do enjoy the playoffs.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Congrats again to the football New York Giants and their fans.

Medit, do you think that the Yanks should have let A-Rod go and instead signed or traded for Santana?

The Mets made the best move of the off season by getting Santana.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Somehow the Mets doesn't feel like a NY team (if you are from NE, you'll know what that means). That's in spite of bringing the 1986 heartbreak to Red Sox Nation.

Santana over A-Rod? Hard to compare. A pitcher that starts every 5th day vs. a 5 tool everyday player. I DO know that the Mets got a great pitcher and should be very hard to beat in 2008. At least in the Senior Circuit.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Dramatic pose, and beautiful woman. Excellent piece, Bob. How large is it?

Ha
Ha, thx
She's 26" high with the base. Believe it or not its cast in plaster, but painted with bronze paints so there's pretty much no way to tell the difference, (but a heckuvalot cheaper! -- lbym meets the sculpture world...)
ESRBob is offline   Reply With Quote