Go Cavs! Shaq is in the house...

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Truth be told, i hate the guy. His personality sucks and his game is 10 years past its prime...

But what did we give up? not much.

GO CAVS

The main thing Cleveland gave up is room on the salary cap. This was a salary dump for the Suns, plain and simple.

It'll be interesting to see how he co-exists with LeBron. Shaq and Kobe seemed to cinflict when trying to share the spotlight, but maybe Shaq's aged enough that he realizes it's going to be LeBron's show. If he doesn't it could be rocky in the clubhouse.

Exactly. It all depends on whether or not Shaq can come to terms with the fact that it's LeBron's team not Shaq's. If he can and Shaq plays like he did last year or better, then the Cavs have a chance against the Lakers in the finals next year. If Shaq's ego gets in the way then they'll be lucky to make it to the conference finals.

I hope the game doesn't come down to him making a free throw.

no difference than ben wallace though...right? at least shaq can score...and he shot 60% last year, an NBA high

I think Shaq would like nothing better than to beat kobe in the finals.

I think Shaq would like nothing better than to beat kobe in the finals.

and he supposedly hates dwight howard (our new arch nemesis) for taking on the nickname of Superman...that was shaq's nickname back in the 90's

uggghhh...

looks like the magic are going to acquire Vince Carter (one of my all time faves...ever since he was in college) in exhange for raefer austin, courtney lee, and tony battie

not good

Shaq was supposedly lobbying hard to get back on the Lakers, but obviously, that wasn't going to happen. Don't know what help he is going to be to the Cavs. Doesn't seem like the missing piece or anything to me. He's still got some offensive fouls left in him as long as you want to play the slow, half court, pound it inside game.

Shaq was supposedly lobbying hard to get back on the Lakers, but obviously, that wasn't going to happen. Don't know what help he is going to be to the Cavs.
Get the other team in foul trouble early and often as they hack him repeatedly, then let LeBron go off in the second half?

I would love to see Cleveland baseball or basketball win the championship. Sorry Steelers fan I hate the brownies ;)

Anywhoo. Lets hope this is the piece of the puzzle to win it all. I have my doubts about Shaq about going up and down the court.

Truth be told, i hate the guy. His personality sucks and his game is 10 years past its prime...

But what did we give up? not much.
GO CAVS

I'm not a Shaq fan, and he's way past his prime, but he is still a beast. Noone can move him away from the paint. Le Bron and him will have a free-for-all palying the ole' 2 man game. Le Bron is probably drooling at the picks Shaq can set for him.

Heck,if Jordan can win titles with Luke Longley, Bill Weddington, and Bill Cartwright, why can't Le Bron win one with Shaq??

Let's see.....

(Lebron and Shaq) vs. (Kobe and Pau):

Lebron vs Kobe might be a wash. I'd give the scoring edge to Lebron but the assist and teamwork edge to Kobe. Even

Pau (in his prime) vs. Shaq (past his prime). Pau can score from anywhere on the floor, he's quicker, and can make his free throws consistently. Shaq is still a force in the middle, but doesn't have the overall game that I think Pau Gasol can offer. Edge to Lakers

Let's not forget about the rest of the team (Ariza, Odom, others). Edge to Lakers

I'm predicting a great repeat run for the PURPLE and GOLD!

I'm not a Shaq fan, and he's way past his prime, but he is still a beast. Noone can move him away from the paint. Le Bron and him will have a free-for-all palying the ole' 2 man game. Le Bron is probably drooling at the picks Shaq can set for him.

Heck,if Jordan can win titles with Luke Longley, Bill Weddington, and Bill Cartwright, why can't Le Bron win one with Shaq??

Because Le Bron isnt Jordan. Jordan also had Scottie Pippen who some think was one of the top 25 players ever.

Let's see.....

(Lebron and Shaq) vs. (Kobe and Pau):

Lebron vs Kobe might be a wash. I'd give the scoring edge to Lebron but the assist and teamwork edge to Kobe. Even

Pau (in his prime) vs. Shaq (past his prime). Pau can score from anywhere on the floor, he's quicker, and can make his free throws consistently. Shaq is still a force in the middle, but doesn't have the overall game that I think Pau Gasol can offer. Edge to Lakers

Let's not forget about the rest of the team (Ariza, Odom, others). Edge to Lakers

I'm predicting a great repeat run for the PURPLE and GOLD!

Aren't Ariza and Odom in line for some BIG free agent money? Laker's can'tsign everyone.........

Aren't Ariza and Odom in line for some BIG free agent money? Laker's can'tsign everyone.........

Yep. They have both expressed a strong desire to re-sign and keep the championship roster in tact. The Lakers have worked on freeing up cap $$$ so the possibility is strong that deals can be reached.

I love to see a Lakers Cav match up. I am actually a big Shaq fan, and was pissed at Jackson for keeping Kobe and letting Shaq go. (This goes to show while Phil Jackson is in the hall of fame, and I am pontificating on the internet insteading of coach LOL).

I wonder if the prospect of this match up is enough to keep get Jackson to stay one more year as coach. Given his health, I think I'd hang it up.

Shaq is our answer to Dwight Howard. That's it...dont read more into it. The ONLY reason that team beat us Howard. Sure, they were hitting lots of three's...but they were wide open because we had to double Howard. If we didnt double howard, he'd play insided the paid however he liked vs. slow ass Z.

now shaq will clog the paint on D and man up howard....problem solved.

Plus, it'll be neat to watch teams defend our 2 very different centers...Shaq WAAAAY down low and Z with a 20 ft jumper. I'd like to see Ferry snag us one more big (prefer a PF) to round out this roster.

Back
Top Bottom