Go daddy - not

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you are contemplating a domain name registration service, I strongly advise to chose someone else. Unless you like difficult to cancel recurring fees charged to your credit card.

It seems the company wants me to send them a photocopy of my drivers lic. as a condition to cancel. That is not going to happen.

It's under my $100 annoyance threshold, so I let them keep about $50 for renewal services of dubious value , and blocked any future charges,

I seem to remember reading when a customer is satisfied , they may tell one or two friends, and dis-satisfied , tell many more.

Oh, Go daddy also is cutting ties with Danica Patrick

A season of transition for Danica Patrick has taken on another element of uncertainty.

GoDaddy, the Sprint Cup driver's long-time primary sponsor and benefactor announced Wednesday that it will not return to NASCAR after this season, leaving one of the sport's most popular drivers and most recognized names without full-time funding as she seeks a new contract with Stewart-Haas Racing.

Danica Patrick losing GoDaddy sponsorship in 2016

I've used Go Daddy for years for domain registrations with no problems. I've also cancelled some that I had and didn't need any more and had no problem cancelling the auto-renewal and they didn't ask for anything from me either.

I've used Go Daddy for years for domain registrations with no problems. I've also cancelled some that I had and didn't need any more and had no problem cancelling the auto-renewal and they didn't ask for anything from me either.

This has been my experience as well.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

In my experience they only ask for a driver's license if you make changes to a domain with protected registration.

In my experience they only ask for a driver's license if you make changes to a domain with protected registration.

That is exactly what I am trying to cancel, speaking with the customer service agent , after security questions were answered before he would discuss the account.

The agent suggested: "Take a photo of your DL with your cell phone and e-mail it" Me: And this is authenticated how ? Agent:"Uh, I'm not sure"

I never should have bought the extra " protected registration " last year.

Next year, they can continue to " protect " if they like, but will never receive payment. Instructed the CC co to block any future charges.

They did cancel the Danica Patrick Sprint Cup car sponsorship , however , press releases indicate Danica will continue as the Go Daddy celebrity spokesperson.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I am trying to cancel, speaking with the customer service agent , after security questions were answered before he would discuss the account.

The agent suggested: "Take a photo of your DL with your cell phone and e-mail it" Me: And this is authenticated how ? Agent:"Uh, I'm not sure"

I never should have bought the extra " protected registration " last year.

Next year, they can continue to " protect " if they like, but will never receive payment. Instructed the CC co to block any future charges.

You can block the charges but won't you risk losing your domain then for non-payment?

You can block the charges but won't you risk losing your domain then for non-payment?

That is exactly what I want ! Expire the domain name registration and so called protection.

The domain name was for a family real estate property we had for sale (street address and name.com ) I offered to transfer the domain name to the developer who bought the property,at my expense. He had zero interest.

Back
Top Bottom