Go Honobob Go..to TEXAS!! Yee Haw

honobob

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Americans on the move are heading to Texas

It was suggested on another thread and maybe it's time for a move. Undervalued real estate, sun belt, Amerikan values. Yeah, I don't think this will end well.

And thanks for the invite!

Last edited:
All fine and dandy till the people realize what living in hell is like then move back out. :D

how did I do REW ?

All fine and dandy till the people realize what living in hell is like then move back out. :D

What's your problem with Texas? I've lived here 18 years and love it....originally from the frigid north. Some people (sounds like you) are probably not happy anywhere.

What's your problem with Texas? I've lived here 18 years and love it....originally from the frigid north. Some people (sounds like you) are probably not happy anywhere.

Who in their right mind would live in a place plagued with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, and don't forget Orchidflower’s testimonial of how Texans treat “Yankees”...
;)

Last edited:

See what REWahoo said. Its a joke thing calm down pardner... ;)

Who in their right mind would live in a place plagued with scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, and don't forget Orchidflower’s testimonial of how Texans treat “Yankees”...
;)

And your point is?

And your point is?

Uh..that the Texas hospitality and charm more than makes up for this. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Well that and the lax open container law and guns in trucks!

Last edited:
Oh, REW, we should not forget hail the size of canned hams...and bacon...uh well, bacon is still good, but rumors are, it could be banned. :eek:

...and bacon...uh well, bacon is still good, but rumors are, it could be banned. :eek:

Yep. The state may ban it in an attempt to discourage folks from moving here. Obviously the other measures I listed above aren't working all that well so the state is now considering this and other drastic measures.

uh well, bacon is still good, but rumors are, it could be banned. :eek:
Yeah well if they ban bacon in Texas I want part of the black market action because Bubba will have his bacon no matter what:mad:

;)

Well, I looked at all the above as challenges and even the possible banning of bacon as a potential upside (Bootleg Bacon, Bad Boys Buy Bootleg, It's even Better when it's Banned!) But even with undervalued real estate I believe the high incidence of dirty teeth could be the deal breaker. I wondered why so many B horror movies were filmed in Texas. Yee Haw, pucker up and gimme a big wet one honey!>:D
Cleanest And Dirtiest Teeth In The U.S. - AOL Body

;)

Having gone to college in Texas, gotten my first job in Texas, gone through military training in Texas, and having half my family still in Texas ... good description. But I still like them 'Horns.

Yes, it's horrible here!!! - don't come!! Stay away, far away. Stay in Detroit, Newark, SanFran, or wherever it is you are outside of Texas.

:)

Yes, it's horrible here!!! - don't come!! Stay away, far away. Stay in Detroit, Newark, SanFran, or wherever it is you are outside of Texas.

:)

See be more subtle. Like for example. Boy the other day I was cutting my brown dirt grass. I stopped to swat at a chigger and a damn rattler bit me on my buttocks. This while my damn crazy neighbor accidentally shot a hole through my wood shed.

You forgot the rain that we can get here at times...

" ...INCREDIBLE AS THESE RAIN TOTALS ARE...THEY STILL PALE IN COMPARISON
TO THE RAINFALL TOTALS PRODUCED BY TROPICAL STORM CLAUDETTE IN 1979.
THE U.S. 24 HOUR RECORD RAINFALL TOTAL OCCURRED IN ALVIN TEXAS ON
JULY 24 1979. 43 INCHES OF RAIN FELL ON ALVIN DURING THAT 24 HOUR
PERIOD. ..."

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/extremes/2001/june/rainfall3-20010610.txt

And then we can have a summer with no rain for 60 plus days... which kills almost everybody's grass.... causes water shortages etc...

;)

I think you forgot to mention some of the other varmints that are in or will soon migrate back to Texas - Mr. Bush, Mr. Gonzales (ex-AG - who can not find a job) and Mr. Rove (who works at Fox).

I know that in the beginning I was a little harsh on Mr. Bush but the fellow has grown a bit on me. Mr. Bush deserves a second chance.:cool:

Hey, Texas is working on overturning and finding a less harsh sentence on the mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions.;)

As for REDNECKS there is nothing wrong with them.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

"I know that in the beginning I was a little harsh on Mr. Bush but the fellow has grown a bit on me. Mr. Bush deserves a second chance.
coolsmiley.gif
"

Well Wags its nice you seen the light.

God Bless :angel::angel::angel:

sorry sorry

YouTube - Blues Brothers - Rubber Biscuit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom