go watch the eclipse!

Marquette

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Thankfully, we can get the show in from one of the bedrooms (aka, no negative degree temps for me)

I'm heading out onto the balcony in a few minutes to kick back and enjoy it! But I'll probably have to bundle up! It's all the way down to 63 here on the beach! :D

Aaiieee! the Moon is drowned in blood! Call out the Satchem!

Well below zero. Watched for a while. My fingers and nose are going to fall off. One last run outside in a few minutes.

I ran out twice and watched for a very short time. It is 17 degrees out. Thanks for the reminder!

Couldn't see it in New Orleans due to clouds, but they showed some footage taken in St. Louis on our evening news.

Good news is that there will be another one soon. Apparently the next full lunar eclipse will be on December 21, 2010. By that time, I will have been ER'd for well over a year! :D

Still out in totality and will be for almost another 30 minutes. Nice one.

Watched for a bit, but the clouds have eclipsed the eclipse...

Content watching Great Scenic Railway Journeys on PBS.

Well below zero. Watched for a while. My fingers and nose are going to fall off. One last run outside in a few minutes.

I was getting ready to feel sorry for you but weather.com says that it's colder here than there. So, I'm going to feel sorry for both of us instead.

4 degrees here but the sky was absolutely clear...was able to identify many constellations and when the mid-eclipse happened at 10:26, the moon turned red with blue edges. Awesome!

Then my telescope lens froze.

One of the best lunar eclipses I've ever seen. Most in this area are obscured by clouds.

Clear view here near Chicago. Just ended. The awnings that do such a nice job deflecting sun from the windows all summer kept me from viewing the eclipse through the window. Had to stand on the patio with temps +8f.

Hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps helped! ;)

We all ran outside about 8 pm during the class I was taking but no luck. Too much cloud cover here in Colorado. Bummer!

Looked but only saw haze, mist and clouds. Temps around 32. Maybe in 2010.

Started watching it around 8:30, cold out so I sat on the porch and watched through the skylight. Had to go to bed at 10 when it was almost total, got up again around 10:45 and it was that redish color. Our local news channel reported that the last time we had an eclipse like this was during the 2004 World Series, he didn't think many eyes were looking at the sky that night.

Aaiieee! the Moon is drowned in blood!

caught the full one at the beach last night. had an excellent view of it eclipsing on the drive there with the top down. very little cloud coverage.

i heard that the color of the moon during an eclipse is the result of all the accumulated sunrises and sunsets at that moment reflected from earth. though i'm not sure if that is correct, while enjoying the eclipse, i kept both the thought of a projected corona of terrestrial twilight in mind along with the poetry of such gravitational alignment of moon, earth & sun that even the tides stopped to gaze.

Back
Top Bottom