Join Early Retirement Today
Golf carts - best brand?
Old 12-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado
Golf carts - best brand?

Thinking about buying a recent model used electric golf cart. Not looking for a fast one which requires registration, just a regular (<20 mph) cart. Is there a significant difference in quality or reliability between brands? Any tips for shopping?

boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.
We bought a used Club Car electric as our first cart. It is a '98 and have had it for 3 years. We got one with the rear facing seat in the back. It has run great for us. Not too much to them, mostly the batteries. The newer the better and watch the water levels.

There are a ton of resale places near our FL home. We went buy work of mouth. they delivered and will come to the house for maintenance ans such.

The Constitution. It's not just a good's the law.
Jack_Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Club Car is the best riding electric cart imo. I just bought a 2008 model. I've had Yamaha and they are reliable, but rode a little bouncy.
Full time wuss............
Dawg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.
Just bought a 2015 EzGo about a month ago.... runs great and the brand came highly recommended.. if I bought again, I'd look at used, but only most recent years that provide the AC continuous power...a lot of the older golf cars struggle on hills. You could save a lot of cash buying used. Make sure batteries are new or relatively new because they are pricey.

BTW, my EzGo will hit 23mph... today it ran at 20mph with DW and 2 dogs riding along. Older cars can be modified to go up to 30mph or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1860.jpg (541.2 KB, 7 views)
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote