Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
I don't understand leaving er.org. I can understand leaving bogleheads because the mods there can be a bit...strict is a nice word, but we have great mods here who even let conversations go forth on hot topics with the new hot topic warning banner, which is awesome.
ORLY? I've seem to have accrued my share of points and deleted posts...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I can understand leaving anything. Taking a break from something and departing for other pastures can be invigorating and rejuvenating.

Happy trails Dash Man!

I agree with this.

I also don't think there is a lot of "group think", but many things are repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just how things are on these interwebz forums. I think many people "come and go" with er.org as well as the 1 billion other forums out there...it's just human nature. I was *very* involved in a fairly popular professional flying web forum (about 10 years and many thousands of posts) but eventually it grew tiresome. I am not saying that I now know EVERYTHING there is to know about aviation, but the after a while, it got to be the same old same old. BUT..every now and then, I will drop in and see what's new...which is usually nothing.

Oddly enough, I spent WAY more time on the internet when I was still w*rking, but now I am just not "that into" the internet. So, I would be surprised if I actually accumulate 1,000+ posts in any of the forums I participate in now.

Dash Man...have a good one and take care!

Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
ORLY? I've seem to have accrued my share of points and deleted posts...

I had a post deleted once, but admittedly, it was a little dirty. Can't even remember what it was, but I think it was easter-related, and involved a bunny.

Anyway, all the best to Dash Man!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #44

I think many come here for financial advice or reassurance, but stay due to the diversity of topics that have nothing to do with finance. Dashman, maybe like Midpack, you will reconsider leaving the board after a short hiatus. Anyhow, all the best.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #45

Hey, this crazy iMac auto corrected my spelling and changed Dashman to Dishman, and Midpack to Mudpack. I had to edit my post
Old 05-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Hey, this crazy iMac auto corrected my spelling and changed Dashman to Dishman, and Midpack to Mudpack.
I thought that was some kind of inside joke between you guys!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #47

The good news is that your iMac correction is a little less expensive now, I hear.

(I thought you two were wrestling or having some unusual male facial - didn't want to ask)

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote