Good Bye Forum

Wow...just when I think I've learned everything there is to learn from this forum, I learn about :
1. What a protection gun is and how it is different from a

2. Murder gun, and

3. The stupid stick.

Hello forum!

Yeah, she has some potential but her videos could use some major editing

I wouldn't touch this topic with a 10-foot poll.

Well, if you ever change your mind, I found a 10 foot-poll for you.

3m statue of Polish soccer star Robert Lewandowski: 'The Tallest 3D Printed Person!'

poles-score-worlds-tallest-3d-printed-person-record-with-3m-statue-soccer-star-robert-lewandowski-6.jpg
... the only thing that could make Lewandowski more terrifying—especially given his fearsome heading ability—would be making him ten feet tall.
Unfortunately for traumatized German defenders, a team of five Polish 3D printing and scanning companies has made Robert Lewandowski ten feet tall, turning the world-class soccer ace into a three-meter-tall 3D printed statue in a bid to score a Guinness world record.

Could be that OP doesn't know if they will be back; wants to say farewell just in case, but doesn't want to discuss their latest spy mission assignment or worrisome upcoming medical adventure.

Just saying, no knowledge of why OP is stepping away, but willing to assume good intent and wish them well.

Everyone needs a break from the forum once in a while. Some announce their departure, some do not. Some return, some do not. It's all good. I wish the OP well.

In what way? (The editing, that is)

Too long. The First 40 seconds were pretty funny but after that? Not so much.

This is getting Waaaaaaayyyy off subject but I'd say the same thing about 95% of YouTube video's (even though I find YouTube very useful and entertaining).

One persons opinion,

I don't know anything about the OP or why he/she is leaving. But I'd guess that someone who announces it versus simply stopping posting is doing the forum equivalent of an in-your-face "I quit. So there!" and wants a reaction.

LOVE the Dramamine! I'm passing that on for sure!

Bye eta2020. Wishing you well. I think of your posts every time DH sends me links about the low cost of living, pleasant climate, affordable health care and ex-pat living in places like Spain and Portugal (like he did today again :) ).

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the OP or why he/she is leaving. But I'd guess that someone who announces it versus simply stopping posting is doing the forum equivalent of an in-your-face "I quit. So there!" and wants a reaction.

My first thought was that the OP had received some devastating medical news and was doing the rounds 'saying goodbye'.......but, in actuality, I have absolutely no idea.

My first thought was that the OP had received some devastating medical news and was doing the rounds 'saying goodbye'.......but, in actuality, I have absolutely no idea.

One possibility is the OP was lurking on the forum in the pre-dawn hours (the post was at 5:47 AM Central time) when saw a UFO landing in his back yard. As the hatch of the spacecraft opened and the aliens headed toward his back door, he realized he was about to be abducted. All he had time for was a "good bye" post before they inserted the first "Longfellow" probe...

The return can be predicted from screen name: Estimated Time of Arrival 2020

One possibility is the OP was lurking on the forum in the pre-dawn hours (the post was at 5:47 AM Central time) when saw a UFO landing in his back yard. As the hatch of the spacecraft opened and the aliens headed toward his back door, he realized he was about to be abducted. All he had time for was a "good bye" post before they inserted the first "Longfellow" probe...

OK, sounds 'scientific' and that works for me.

LOVE the Dramamine! I'm passing that on for sure!

"Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

...But I'd guess that someone who announces it versus simply stopping posting is doing the forum equivalent of an in-your-face "I quit. So there!" and wants a reaction.

Oh, I don't know about that. eta2020 left with a line of poetry that certainly wasn't aggressive or hostile--actually it's an uplifting quote.
I wish eta2020 good fortune.

Now I wonder if anyone has left this forum because they won powerball or something? Would you announce if if you won 300 million or so, or just leave quietly? Or would you stick around and make posts about "Can I retire on 300 million?" (people would still say OMY I bet)

Why was this in the "Hi, I am..." section? Maybe we need a "Bye, I was".

Now I wonder if anyone has left this forum because they won powerball or something? Would you announce if if you won 300 million or so, or just leave quietly? Or would you stick around and make posts about "Can I retire on 300 million?" (people would still say OMY I bet)

We are not allowed to buy lottery tickets. Don't you remember that power point slide from the first day of Early Retirement indoc class?

We are not allowed to buy lottery tickets. Don't you remember that power point slide from the first day of Early Retirement indoc class?

Don't you remember the executive meeting notes banning powerpoint due to life-threatening allergic reactions?

Don't you remember the executive meeting notes banning powerpoint due to life-threatening allergic reactions?

Don't you remember that meetings are reminders of employment and were thereby banned?

Maybe a poll is needed to see who announced leaving and later returned or kept monitoring anonymously:D.

This place gives too much value for me to leave, but I confess to ogling other places :cool:.

I've stopped using forums. Sometimes I've gone back after a period of time and other times I've stayed away. I have never announced such a move though. Hmmm.......

Oh well.

Best of luck in all that you do, etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom