Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've been working at the p.d. since 8 a.m. and I haven't been shot!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I've been working at the p.d. since 8 a.m. and I haven't been shot!
Hopefully there isn't much of a chance of that happening, too many guns there so the criminals stay away.........a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......

Although, at our local PD, a young man came in with a guitar case, and opened it up to "show" the cops a shotgun he had........I believe he was stunned to be wrestled to the ground, arrested, and booked.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
.......a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......
Like the gal's 94 YO Mom says regarding taking her to visit her friends at the graveyard - "That's the last place I want to go!"
Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

My income taxes haven't been this low in several years. Actually got a sizeable refund from both Fed and State and don't have to pay any est. payments this year. That's one side of the coin at least.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Hopefully there isn't much of a chance of that happening, too many guns there so the criminals stay away.........a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......
When it's cool outside, people come in with their hands stuffed in their pockets, I watch them very carefully.....
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #26

My mom just sent her annual $1,000 check to me for taking care of all her financials, taxes and estate matters. No, I never expect any payment but I know it's futile trying to talk her out of it.

Now I can survive a layoff for a couple more weeks.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

The whole family went tent camping this weekend.
Our tent neighbors set up squirrel traps and lo and behold - Little Sailor and myself for the first time tried squirrel meat cooked over camp fire
Old 03-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Today's Markets Are Pretty Good News

Snuggle up Honey, all I need is another couple weeks like this and I'll be rich again!

Ha
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #29
Administrator

Hard to start doing the happy dance when the Dow is still under 7000, though.

OK, I'll try.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #30
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here goes:

- One of two graduate classes done for the semester! This weekend will mark the end of the other (turning my final in a week early!) No more school until April 6!!! Party time!

- We have a thrift store here in Norfolk that offers a military discount on everything on Thursdays

- ONLY 118 more days on this mobilization before I get to go home to NJ (for my commissioning ceremony Aug 1 or 7th on the Intrepid!!)

- Life is just good!!