Good News !

tryan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Way too much doom'n gloom ... so what's the GOOD NEWS?!

I had a physical last week ... everything is peachy. Here's to good health!

Your turn.

Yeah, DW and I are also in great health. Only problem is that it now looks like we'll out live our money.

Posted an ad on craigslist last night to sell my 18 ft deck utility trailer. By 3PM my pocket is much better padded (wadded?), someone is happy new owner a trailer.

(not to jinx it, but) looks like our rental house is going to sell ....

I have a long list...here are the high points...
I passed my recent colonoscopy.
The snow is melting. In fact, I saw a tiny patch of real ground and myrtle around the trunk of my maple tree in the back yard.
dh2b continues to say he wants to marry me when I turn 55, in spite of my reticent verbal habits. :cool:
I'm having lobster for dinner tomorrow.
Go ahead and top that! :LOL:

DH is home after putting 885 miles on his motorcycle...he's cheated death once again!

DH is home after putting 885 miles on his motorcycle...he's cheated death once again!

He was celebrating his graduation into retirement? Good for him! (Good for you he got the cheating death part right).

R

Here are a few good things:

It's 74 now and DH is sparking up the grill for some steaks.

My most recent foster kitten found a great new home this week.

I went to the Dr. for a check-up and everything is A-OK.

He was celebrating his graduation into retirement? Good for him! (Good for you he got the cheating death part right). R
Yes. He and his retired doc buddy (that he went to college with in the 70's) connected last year; so for a celebration, they had to hit the road. I think they are starting a competition to see who will look like biker trash first. :LOL:

Thanks...yeah, I'm glad he's home. :)

Yes. He and his retired doc buddy (that he went to college with in the 70's) connected last year; so for a celebration, they had to hit the road. I think they are starting a competition to see who will look like biker trash first. :LOL:

Thanks...yeah, I'm glad he's home. :)
Road rash, not for wusses!

I didn't step in the pile of digested dog food that Omar the neighborhood cur usually leaves right next to my mailbox.

Road rash, not for wusses!
With my "biker trash" remark I was talking about the fact that neither one of them has had their hair cut in three months...:D....

Now for carpet burns.....:eek:........:LOL:

Unlike much of the world, we have separate sewer and water pipes!
... we don't have to wonder what's happening upstream before we get a drink.

I'm on spring break. Woo Hoo!

Sold a piece of investment property. 100% ROI/year for the 14 years I owned it. :)

...enough to offset my 401K losses :(

We have our home, our health, and each other.

I have 800 miles on the new motorcycle, having fun with that. However, I still feel compelled to get a haircut every three or four weeks. Not ready to sport a gray ponytail just yet.

DW will graduate in two months with her BA degree that she started on 20+ years ago. Family is planning a big party that she doesn't know about yet, and there is an empty diploma frame on the wall here waiting to be filled.

I found a job with a 3.4 mile commute that pays for experience and toys like a motorcycle and will recoup the deferred comp. account losses in a year. No paperwork, no heavy lifting involved.

Spring is coming. Yesterday was over 70 degrees.

Shall I go riding, or go fishing? Decisions, decisions....

Way too much doom'n gloom ... so what's the GOOD NEWS?!

I had a physical last week ... everything is peachy. Here's to good health!

Your turn.

(1) I am still on track to retire as planned. What could be better than that? :D

(2) The dentist didn't find any problems last week.

(3) After a month of panic I found my paper proof of registration that is always supposed to be in the car. It was hiding in the glove compartment where it is supposed to be. :blush: This will save me the hassle of dealing with the Office of Motor Vehicles to get a copy.

(4) My daughter has decided on a wedding date in October, and bought a stunning wedding dress that cost half of what I expected. And her fiance not only has a stable job with health insurance, but also seems like a good person.

Last edited:
I've been working at the p.d. since 8 a.m. and I haven't been shot! :greetings10:

I've been working at the p.d. since 8 a.m. and I haven't been shot! :greetings10:

Hopefully there isn't much of a chance of that happening, too many guns there so the criminals stay away.........a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......:blink:

Although, at our local PD, a young man came in with a guitar case, and opened it up to "show" the cops a shotgun he had........I believe he was stunned to be wrestled to the ground, arrested, and booked.......:nonono:

.......a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......:blink:

Like the gal's 94 YO Mom says regarding taking her to visit her friends at the graveyard - "That's the last place I want to go!"

My income taxes haven't been this low in several years. Actually got a sizeable refund from both Fed and State and don't have to pay any est. payments this year. That's one side of the coin at least.

Hopefully there isn't much of a chance of that happening, too many guns there so the criminals stay away.........a police department would be the LAST place I would come in and start waving a gun around.......:blink:
When it's cool outside, people come in with their hands stuffed in their pockets, I watch them very carefully.....

Back
Top Bottom