Good News - Amazon book rebate

Hermit

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
"Good news! You are entitled to a credit of $0.73 for some of your past Kindle book purchases. The credit results from legal settlements reached with publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of eBooks."

I'm so excited! :dance::dance:

I received an Email about this great fortune this morning. I am giddy with the thoughts of what I might purchase with this windfall.

How much did you spend on the e-books? If it was $10, the settlement is more than 7%, which is higher than most.

I got the same email. I guess the 73 cents was a standard amount they gave everyone.

Got my email this morning -- $3.90 whoop-de-do

I am thrilled, to be honest! I got $1.46 and I plan to use it towards one of the four Kindle books that I have bookmarked for future purchase.

Receiving free money is a GREAT way to brighten up my day. :D

I didn't get an email from Amazon even though I've bought hundreds of books from them. I feel cheated. Just because I buy only free Kindle books should not exclude me from the settlement!

What an injustice...

I didn't get an email from Amazon even though I've bought hundreds of books from them. I feel cheated. Just because I buy only free Kindle books should not exclude me from the settlement!

What an injustice...

Everyone else got back a portion of what they paid. You got back the entire amount, yet you still complain. There's just no satisfying some people...

What an injustice...
This reminds me of my time working in a retail establishment in Hollywood. Every now and again, we would give away free movie tickets, which were advertised in the local press. They were not usually the big box-office draws - more the kind of films that needed a bit of extra publicity. However, the retired seniors came out aplenty, and were the most keen to get their hands on these free tickets. They were also the biggest PITA's to deal with when the supply ran out. We fielded all kinds of complaints from seniors who swore they would never shop with us again simply because by the time they turned up, the free tickets were all gone.

Some people will never be satisfied....... :LOL:

What an injustice...

I know! :ROFLMAO: But like the others who have responded to your post, I also know you are joking around.

BTW I love those free Kindle books. They are especially wonderful in retirement. Free entertainment, often the very highest quality classics, and so easily obtained at the click of a button.

$331.23. I was lucky that this covered the period of time when we replaced all of our books that could be gotten in Kindle format.

Back
Top Bottom