Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Good reason not to do drugs
Old 03-28-2007, 02:12 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud
I don't mind them having a limit... from the shows they had on TV, it takes a LOT for the meth labs... so, someone buying 2 to 5 boxes is not going to make a dent...

And I have asked every time I buy if ANYBODY has ever looked at the list (and I have been to a few drug stores).. and always get the answer, never. They don't have to send them anywhere and nobody looks at them... So, again I say that a stupid law that is not getting at the problem. And BTW, I had also asked if there is anything preventing me from going store to store and buying... all pharmacies have said "no"... they don't even keep records in the same company at different stores...
Drug dealers don't buy their boxes of cold pills like you do. They steal them off the shelves. That's why them being behind the counter reduces the supply.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Sorry... but very stupid IMO.... it is now hard to get something that is LEGAL, non-prescriptive that helps me with my allergies.. Pass a law or something that says not to sell more than 3 or 5 packs... but, if you still want to get it, you can... NOBODY ever checks the list of who is buying this stuff... just another layer of stupid law that cost us time and money..
I don't understand the reasoning behind making it SOOOOO difficult to buy a single pack of sudafed. I wish the law were you can sell up to two packs without question. If you want to buy 3 or more, they take you to the back, call the DEA, the FBI, Homeland Security, the county sherriff, and Jesus. Then they interrogate you for a few hours about what you need 3 or more packs of sudafed for. Then fingerprint you, book you, and hold you overnight for observation purposes. Put your name in a big black book, and then they can sell you the 3 packs of sudafed.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeps
Drug dealers don't buy their boxes of cold pills like you do. They steal them off the shelves. That's why them being behind the counter reduces the supply.
Still don't make sense to me... there were never many boxes when I went to the store.. now that they are behind the counter... they don't keep as many... there are times I go and ask and they say "we don't have any"... use the crap they have replaced it with... (which does not work)...

SO, because 1 or 2% of the population can't do what they need to, let's punish the other 98%... yea, that makes perfect sense to me..

The shows I saw with the meth labs, they were BUYING the product in BULK... some were buying DRUMS full of the drug, not single packs.. and when it was the boxes we get... they were buying many cases... I doubt that the few boxes on the store shelves has any MAJOR impact on the drug trade... yet, we are the ones who have to pay the price...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #24

Quote:
SO, because 1 or 2% of the population can't do what they need to, let's punish the other 98%... yea, that makes perfect sense to me..
Wasn't that the point of Prohibition?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

... yet, we are the ones who have to pay the price...
This applies to oodles of stuff...like everytime I take my shoes off at the airport (which 32 times in the last 6 months)...at least they allow 3 oz. liquids now - those international flights suck w/o chapstick or lotion...

The point being that the majority is often the one that suffers for the minority...how about gun licences?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssc
Wasn't that the point of Prohibition?
Didn't work did it

And... more than 2% drank.... I don't know the percent.. but would guess it is close to 50%..
Old 03-28-2007, 02:05 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeps
This applies to oodles of stuff...like everytime I take my shoes off at the airport (which 32 times in the last 6 months)...at least they allow 3 oz. liquids now - those international flights suck w/o chapstick or lotion...

The point being that the majority is often the one that suffers for the minority...how about gun licences?
Agree... but they seem to be making an effort to move you thru faster..

Don't know what you mean by gun licences... that we should have them or not have them?? But, we are going far off the OP...
Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Didn't work did it

And... more than 2% drank.... I don't know the percent.. but would guess it is close to 50%..
Shocking that it didn't work. Of course, fortunes were made. Yes, more that 2% drank which is why it was gotten ride of. However, the % of problem drinkers to drinkers was small and yet every drinker was punished.