Good Small Weed Sprayer?

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I need a good one for under $40 if possible. I bought a cheap one, and it won't hold pressure because the connector is too flimsy...........

Any ideas? All I want is something I can put a solution in and spray some pesky weeds.......:p

Pump ups are kind of lame unless you spend 60-75 bucks.
I use an Ortho "Dial n Spray" hose end sprayer for weeds and bugs.
The cool part is --no measuring. Just pour your stuff in the sprayer, then set the dial for the mix that the label tells you.
Turn on the water and pull the trigger. Got some chemical left? Just pour it back in the regular container for next time as it is not diluted during the spray treatment.
The only way to go---About $10 as I recall.:cool:

I have one of those and its pretty handy for stuff that has a high water to mix ratio. Fertilizers for example.

For stuff thats got a low water to mix ratio, honestly...I buy the cheapest sprayers they have at lowes or home depot and up until now they've been fine. In fact, I have two of the small one quart top-pump units and they've done the job for about 8 years. I also have a couple of 2 gallon pump units for larger jobs and those have hung in there for more than 5 years. I had to replace the wand on one that clogged up on me.

But then again, these were purchased in the "good old days" before we put cardboard in pork buns. ;)

I've had this sprayer for 10-15 years, and haven't had any problems with it.

P0000875.JPG

I use it 1-2 times per year.

When I was still w*rking, we used to use Hudson sprayers exclusively, because they were widely available around here, and you could always find replacement parts for them. They cost about $20-$30 the last I saw. We also used them for applying wood preservative....a lot faster than with a brush!!!

I have a small 1 gallon sprayer with the hose and wand, (similar to the one in T-Al's post above, 'cept much smaller) for spraying insecticide around the house foundation and the garage. I use it a couple times a year. It's some off-brand that I bought for about $10 several years ago.

I also have a couple of off-brand pump-top 1/2 gallon sprayers with the nozzle built right into the top for spraying insecticides (seldom) and fungicides on our roses and a few other plants and bushes. I think they cost about $7 each.

I also have the Weed-Be-Gone and Roundup gallon containers that I bought several years ago, that have the hose and trigger spray nozzle built in, and I buy the concentrate of those products and mix it myself to keep reusing those.

Back
Top Bottom