Goodbye work, hello new life.

Please Pardon a very nervous old man? Do you completely understand the downside of this strategy? If you have the slightest doubt 1) downsize the house 2) get a part time gig

Retired people invest, traders trade - when the first becomes the second bad things can and often do happen.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum.

Thanks for your concern. My trading strategy was experimented for 12 months prior to my retirement. In that period, my trading accounts returned +15% vs S&P 500's -1%. This year, my trading accounts are returning 5% by 4/12/16 vs S&P 500's 1%. By the end of the year, I expect 12 - 15% return. At that rate, it will finance about 70 - 80% of my retirement.

Other updates:

- My golf handicap index is the best ever. My game has improved significantly.
- I became very laid back & relaxed. My wife is very happy about the metamorphosis.

OP...how old are you?

edit: nevermind...saw you posted that you were 53.

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern. My trading strategy was experimented for 12 months prior to my retirement. In that period, my trading accounts returned +15% vs S&P 500's -1%. This year, my trading accounts are returning 5% by 4/12/16 vs S&P 500's 1%. By the end of the year, I expect 12 - 15% return. At that rate, it will finance about 70 - 80% of my retirement.

9 months into ER, my total asset has increased by $100k+ thanks to the market performance (up 8% so far), & my short-term trades (realized 10% gain). So far so good. The real test will be when a prolonged bear market comes.

9 months into ER, my total asset has increased by $100k+ thanks to the market performance (up 8% so far), & my short-term trades (realized 10% gain). So far so good. The real test will be when a prolonged bear market comes.

Congrats. Off to a good start. Yes, the real test is when a crash or prolonged bear comes along. I retired in April of 2007 and we all know what happened just a few months later. But got through it and 9 years into retirement I'm satisfied with my portfolio. It could always be better though......

Back
Top Bottom