Google Earth Pro is now free

I'd really like to use the "viewshed" tool to see what is visible from where but haven't found it in the program yet - OTOH, I have corkscrewed into the earth multiple times trying to fly with mouse and keyboard over different places. Also the overlay that gives county info on lots and parcels is real fun.

Solid link - Thanks!

And one of the neat things you can do with it:

Google Earth Pro Movie Maker - Google Earth Blog

I ended up trying this out after reading your post. I have a semi-long driving trip later in the spring and thought it would be interesting to have a little movie that shows the route from the Google Earth perspective. Unfortunately, big hunks of that trip are very boring, straight roads. Even if I cranked those legs up to warp speed it still came out terrible.

Then I thought it would be fun to make a little movie of a "tour" that shows the sequence of places I've lived and send that to some friends. There's a core group (about 6) that met in late grade school when we all were in the same town and have kept in touch. The tour of my residences is fun, but it would be great to see the same with all the other guys' too, synchronized somehow. It would be like those fireworks blasts, everyone starting out and ending up in different places, but at one point all converging at the same spot before fanning out again.

That latter idea'll probably never happen!

Back
Top Bottom