Join Early Retirement Today

Google Nexus 7 tablet issue with Tune In radio
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Google Nexus 7 tablet issue with Tune In radio

I have had this tablet (2nd Generation) now for about 9 months. Very happy. I use Tune In radio (free version) a lot. The icon disappeared from my screen and now I only can launch each time through Google Play Store. What in the world have I done to hide or lose this main page icon? Thanks for any help!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Is the app still installed on you Nexus? To find out, tap on the icon at the very bottom of the screen with the circle containing six small dots, that will bring up a screen showing icons of all of the apps installed on your Nexus. You may need to swipe a page or two to see all the apps. If the TuneIn app icon shows up there, simply press down on that icon for a few seconds, that will copy the icon onto the home screen.

Once in a while an icon vanishes from the home screen on my Nexus, no idea why, maybe I inadvertently erase it. No biggie, it's easy enough to restore.

If it's not that, then sorry, I got nothing.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:46 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Whenever the IP Camera software I use gets upgraded it vanishes from the home page and I have to restore the link to it on the home page from the all applications installed page. I suspect it has something to do with how the developer decides to accomplish an upgrade.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It does happen that when some apps get upgraded, the icon disappears from screen. Wondering if it is just poor programming, or an interaction between Avast and the update process? Maybe a permissions problem for a particular app?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the input.....Tune IN Radio back on the home page now in its little black space. Wow...easy fix but just had no idea how to get it restored. Still don't know why it vanished but all good!! Thanks again for quick clear input.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtotheCove View Post

Thanks for the input.....Tune IN Radio back on the home page now in its little black space. Wow...easy fix but just had no idea how to get it restored. Still don't know why it vanished but all good!! Thanks again for quick clear input.
I'm guessing it may be a bug or (sometimes during an update) certain attributes about the app change enough for the OS to think the app was "uninstalled" and then a new one was installed. I've seen it a few times on my Android phone.

GM