Google warning: "This site may be harmful to your computer"

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone received a warning like this? I just went to Google, saw it posted on every single search site, and went to Yahoo then and did some reading. Seems it shows up if you hit a link with malware?
When I went back to Google, the warning was off. Does anyone know what happened? Is there a way to fix the computer so it is totally protected from receiving this sort of warning which, for someone with just basic computer skills, is scary.

Yes, Google recently had a bug or something. I Googled "google" and it tattled on itself. Seems to be fixed now, but at one time here's what I saw:

google_oops.jpg

harmfull to your computor

I had the same thing: Warning- Visiting this sight may be harmful to your computor. If you are using Internet exporer 7.0 go into tools / delete browsing history / passwords - delete all. I don't know if it was part of that phishing stuff or in a cookie but it worked. I had thought that someone might have hacked into Google, God help us if they ever do!

.... I had thought that someone might have hacked into Google, God help us if they ever do!

Unfortunately, like most things technological, financial, etc in our society - if it can be done, eventually someone will.

Caveat emptor.

Unfortunately, like most things technological, financial, etc in our society - if it can be done, eventually someone will.

Caveat emptor.

Does Caveat Emptor OR "buyer beware" really apply in this situation?

It is a doctrine describing real property transactions....not browsing the internet, Right?

I use Mozilla Firefox, so when pulling up IE 7 there was no "Tools" on the page. Instead I went to control panel and deleted all history, passwords, cookies and so forth from there; however, this message on Google lasted maybe 15 minutes only, first time I ever saw it, and all I can figure out is I clicked on some link that caused it (I have never had a computer course, so excuse my lack of computer knowledge). Anyway, it's gone, but I will certainly just go to control panel and delete all history and so forth should this happen again. Thanks.

That's it! The really bad thing was when you went to stopbadware.com site suggested as having a cure, you couldn't get that site up at all. Good to know it was nothing. Thanks!

One in a million.

The glitch, which prevented internet users from directly clicking through to search results, was fixed within 30 minutes although users of Google's email service Gmail have since reported finding genuine messages sent mistakenly to spam folders.
The errors prompted panic among web surfers who at first feared the popular search engine had suffered some kind of major failure that could have had serious implications for internet commerce.

Millions hit by Google 'breakdown' - Telegraph

At the first time when I saw it, I thought my PC had a problem, but later on the enxt day, I saw the news on my newspaper claiming it was a human error due to which every site was labeled as "This site may be harmful to your computer." Thank God my PC was safe from the viruses as I didn't browse through any sites that day :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom