Got a Freebie worth getting

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Thanks to TAls thread about the HeyItsFree.com site and some of the goodies there I took advantage of the free photo book offered by HotPrints.com. The deal is that you upload up to 30 pictures and they send a free booklet out with the pictures - booklet is free, shipping is free. You DO want to check the website boxes that ask if you do not want to be spammed, and they do have a center page in the booklet with advertising. Center page pulls off the staples quite neatly for disposal.

I tried it out maybe 10 days ago - the uploading was a little odd, but that could have been me. My booklet has 14 pages and pictures, 7 3/4" x 9 3/4", full color, heavy ish paper. Cool thing is you can have it mailed wherever you want - so you could take vacation photos and have the booklet mailed to Granny who doesn't do computer and prints out emails for reading.

Deal is for one free booklet per month! Worth trying if not jumping on hard - reminds me of the "how can they do it freebies" Pets.com had before my honey single-handedly ran them out of business.

The heyitsfree.com tip came from FreeBird originally.

I've ordered a photobook, but mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm going to do one per month. I'm guessing this promotion won't last long.

I've ordered a photobook, but mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm going to do one per month. I'm guessing this promotion won't last long.

Ah, well then, thanks FreeBird! Did you manage to put multiple pics/page? Mine is one pic/page, no borders. Did choose a background color & pattern, which is on the covers. Think one can choose a book title, my is default "My Maxbook". Will put a bit more effort into the next book now that I see how it works.

both just worked for me.... a couple minutes later

Did you manage to put multiple pics/page?

Yes, here's a sample page:

HotPrintsBook.jpg

I tried out a number of optional book types and page formats, but I don't remember exactly what I ended up on.

I spent almost no time putting it together, because I wanted to see how it would turn out before spending a lot of time composing it. I'll do a really nice one if I like what I get.

Ah, well then, thanks FreeBird!
Oh I do adore a good audience. :cool:

The real credit goes to Google. I was searching for free seeds online and the heyitsfree link came up in the list.
The heyitsfree webmaster is really funny. Take the time to read some of his very eccentric commentary. :LOL:

I got my book today, and I'm impressed. I've started on a new book, and am finding that there are a lot of options (such as cover arts, cover text, layout, etc.).

HeyItsFree.net has a pretty good offer today:

Free 8×10 Photo Collage | Hey, It's Free!

You select 10-20 photos, and the web site arranges them in a nice collage.

You have to be careful to not get carried away at HeyItsFree.net. A while ago I went for a free paper towel offer, and today in the mail I got a single sheet of paper towel!

You have to be careful to not get carried away at HeyItsFree.net. A while ago I went for a free paper towel offer, and today in the mail I got a single sheet of paper towel!

You know, if you cut that in half....

BTW, the photobook offer is over. Well, now it's free, but now you have to pay shipping.

But I got four nice books before it disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom