Got a good, cheap laptop at Dell Outlet

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got an Inspiron 1525, Intel Core 2 Duo t5800 (2.0ghz), 3 gb ram, 250 gb hd, 8x dvd rw, integrate webcam, hdmi output, 9 cell battery, card reader etc

Total cost, shipped, $410

Theres a 20% off coupon floating around slickdeals if interested.

This was a scatch and dent....and i can find neither

That sounds like a pretty good deal. When the bunny was around he used to be on top of all the good deals on laptops, but it appears you got yourself a bargain. I'm sure the economy has brought down the prices on laptops just like everything else.

I've searched high and low for a quick laptop in my price range (<450). This was head and shoulders above the rest of the $400 laptops.

Similar 'deals' came in around 500-550

I also just noticed this thing has Firewire port...an unexpected bonus!

Thats a nice rig. What is it running, Vista or XP? Big screen? I've bought a few PCs off of the Dell outlet and always had good luck.

Thats a nice rig. What is it running, Vista or XP? Big screen? I've bought a few PCs off of the Dell outlet and always had good luck.

vista, unfortunately. its a 15" screen

I recently upgraded one of my PCs to Vista and its not bad. You can actually turn off a lot of the fancy stuff to really improve performance.

I recently upgraded one of my PCs to Vista and its not bad. You can actually turn off a lot of the fancy stuff to really improve performance.

any exmaples? ive had vista for 1 yr on desktop but ive turned the thing into a 'server'...so i dont really use it much

I've had good experiences with the Dell outlet too. Also run Vista on several machines and feel Microsoft has it running pretty stable now with the latest service pack. It's as good as one could expect for something so complex as a modern operating system.

Back
Top Bottom