Join Early Retirement Today

Great book title
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Great book title

I saw this interesting free Kindle book title (and I suspect you are getting what you pay for):

"
The Income Doubler: How To Double Your Income in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Money As You Are Earning Now"

I can envision an entire series of books based on this premise:

"The Portfolio Doubler: How To Double Your Portfolio in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Money Stashed Away As You Have Now"

or...

"
The Penis Doubler: How To Double the Size of your Penis in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice the Package You Have Now"

and...

"
The Breast Doubler: How To Double the Size of Your Breasts in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Boobs Twice As Large As You Have Now"

It appears your potential is limited only by your ability for self-deception.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post

or simply a case of mind over matter
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

REW, have you been reading "The Humor Doubler" again?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Penis doubler, eh?

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I saw this interesting free Kindle book title (and I suspect you are getting what you pay for):

"The Income Doubler: How To Double Your Income in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Money As You Are Earning Now"

I can envision an entire series of books based on this premise:

"The Portfolio Doubler: How To Double Your Portfolio in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Money Stashed Away As You Have Now"

or...

"The Penis Doubler: How To Double the Size of your Penis in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice the Package You Have Now"

and...

"The Breast Doubler: How To Double the Size of Your Breasts in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Boobs Twice As Large As You Have Now"

A few more are....

"The Hair Doubler: How To Double the Number of Hairs on your Head in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Hair As You Have Now"

and,

"The IQ Doubler: How To Double Your IQ Score in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve To Be Twice As Smart As You Are Now"

and,

"The House Doubler: How To Double the Size of Your House in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice The Square Footage You Have Now"

and,

"The Charitable Contributions Doubler: How To Double the Size of Your Charitable Contributions in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve To Be Fervently Thanked By Twice As Many Recipients As You Are Now"

and,

"The ER-Forum Posts Doubler: How To Double the Number of Your Total Posts in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve To Express Your Opinions Twice As Often As You Do Now"

Actually, I purchased and read the last one and I can verify that it works! This morning I only had a little under 10,000 posts but I deserved more, and look at me now.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Make mine a double...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
"
The Income Doubler: How To Double Your Income in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice As Much Money As You Are Earning Now"
So this book will double anything... except for the author's income?

Maybe they have to really believe they'll be doubling their income.

Hey, waitaminnit... they're giving away the book for free, so they must already be rich! Maybe it really works!!

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
A few more are....

"The ER-Forum Posts Doubler: How To Double the Number of Your Total Posts in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve To Express Your Opinions Twice As Often As You Do Now"

Actually, I purchased and read the last one and I can verify that it works! This morning I only had a little under 10,000 posts but I deserved more, and look at me now.
Now that is hilarious! Hey, I have been on this forum since 2003 and I just cracked 1000, perhaps I need to purchase a copy given my measily post count.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I just doubled my free time by not reading that book.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Now that is hilarious! Hey, I have been on this forum since 2003 and I just cracked 1000, perhaps I need to purchase a copy given my measily post count.
Could be. We signed up about the same time and I'm halfway through reading it for the 5th time...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

I found a fool-proof way to double my earned income anytime I like.

1. I retired.
2. Now, anytime I think about it, I simply multiply my earned income by 2. Works every time and I don't even have to w*rk to do it.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #12
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
"The Penis Doubler: How To Double the Size of your Penis in 180 Days or Less by Reprogramming Your Subconscious Mind To Make Yourself Believe You Deserve Twice the Package You Have Now"
Sadly, this already exists.
BigNick is offline   Reply With Quote