Guess What This Is

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
TreeStand 001.jpg

Dental x-ray film holder for the jolly green giant (for bite wing shots).

Definitely.

Good guesses, but only Moemg got it right. Good for you!

We get small trees, and the problem with the conventional stand...

121608_christmas_treestand.jpg

Is that you have to cut off the lower branches to put it in the stand. So I made the one above patterned on this basic idea. I use a ratchet strap to attach it.

Here it is with the tree in it:

TreeStand.jpg

Here is the strap part:

TreeStand 002.jpg

Currently I have no way of fine-tuning the tilt of the tree, but this year's tree is straight. I'll add some adjustable feet for next year.

BTW, small trees, besides being cheaper, are much more convenient (pick them up with one hand, throw them in the trunk, easy in and out of house, etc.). If you put the tree on an end table, and behind a couch, well you get the idea.

Good guesses, but only Moemg got it right. Good for you!

Well I'd like to claim great insight but the truth is I had my mouse over the picture while I was trying to figure out what it was and voila JPG. tree stand showed up . A message from beyond or a great hint ?? :)

What a cheater! I actually considered that when I named the file, but I thought that the filename was lost when I uploaded it as an attachment.

T-al, the bigger question is what these are....:whistle:

Attachments

• treestand.jpg
    treestand.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 4
I used scrap wood that had been used for other things, so those are leftover holes.

Part of a frugal lifestyle is not wasting. Good job on finding a use for those leftover holes! :)

If you do ...wear a glove....
I just had a hospital glove on a few days ago. I pantomimed a proctologist donning an exam glove for my friend just before he went into surgery. I said "Smile".
He laughed like hell, the male nurse cracked up, but the anesthesiologist standing nearby was not amused.
So I waited til she wandered away a little, blew up the glove, tied it off, bent a few "fingers" down and flipped her the bird (unseen of course). My friend just about lost it. I sent him into surgery laughing his head off.
Children must play...:rolleyes:

Back on topic...:D

I just had a hospital glove on a few days ago. I pantomimed a proctologist donning an exam glove for my friend just before he went into surgery. I said "Smile".
He laughed like hell, the male nurse cracked up, but the anesthesiologist standing nearby was not amused.
So I waited til she wandered away a little, blew up the glove, tied it off, bent a few "fingers" down and flipped her the bird (unseen of course). My friend just about lost it. I sent him into surgery laughing his head off.
Children must play...:rolleyes:

Back on topic...:D
:LOL:

....and you should see the guys when I snap on my gloves to roll prints at the p.d........:hide:

Al, late to the party but the file name treestand001 kind of gave it away:) Nice problem solving on the design!

Back
Top Bottom