Guess who I saw on TV today - Your good friend *****!

We can only hope ***** [moderator edit] is a miserable failure in life, either that or doesn't remember us if he becomes head of Retirement Forum Control.

:ROFLMAO:

A friend of my is FOB (friend of Barrack) and she just emailed me that Rob is about to be named President Obama's retirement czar. Evidently Larry Summer's read Passion Saving and was very impressed.

Most of you are doomed. But Rob remember me I was always one of your biggest defenders, I love you man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all are too funny. I did like reading the goon section on his website, brought back such good memories of his insane ranting on the SWR.

Ha, as always, you have a great take on the situation. Thanks very much for the insight. You as well, Harley. In the heat of recalling his insanity, I forgot that he did have a couple of decent points under all that madness.

But now, having printed his name, he will be lurking around on here again--he googles his name (and hoc) all the time to make sure people are still talking about him. Waking up the monster, I tell ya!

Khan, you are a crazy person to suggest such a thing as watching all those podcasts! :)

ClifP, put in a word for me. I don't deserve what might be headed for the rest of this crowd. Please.

My connection is part of Team Barrack, the ballers. I got a hook in with Reggie Love and he says :whistle: "that Rob is gonna be the starting point guard". Yep, the guy running the show. Even Barrack will take orders from the "manic-man".

Doomed, I say doomed.

A friend of my is FOB (friend of Barrack) and she just emailed me that Rob is about to be named President Obama's retirement czar. Evidently Larry Summer's read Passion Saving and was very impressed.

Most of you are doomed. But Rob remember me I was always one of your biggest defenders, I love you man.

How can anybody claim he was boring ;) Look at the excitement he has generated with one short TV appearance.
It was pretty exciting when he talked Dory into being made a moderator of his own [-]Soapbox[/-] sandbox section of E-R.org...

His moderation imploded of its own misconduct.

Worst internet troll ever. Ask the Bogleheads.
Yep, he's the major reason for the disintigration of the Morningstar Vgd Diehards forum (plus their M* inflicted wounds). Lots of us here I'm sure are more obnoxious than *****, but he had a particular set of "gifts" that were a very bad fit for this medium.

I never understood that the reason for his name censorship was because he google his own name and presumably flocks to any and all mentions of it.

His side kick JW* has pretty much ruined a pretty decent forum on M* devoted to dividend investing.

And for you newbies who are clueless as to what the ranting is all about. In this case
Ignorance is bliss, really trust us.

...And for you newbies who are clueless as to what the ranting is all about. In this case
Ignorance is bliss, really trust us.
I peeked at the video just to see what the hair was all about. I listened to the intro and then hit the stop button. :D
Ignorance is still superbly blissful...:whistle:

It was hard to tell in that video but he has a ponytail down to mid back. Fancies himself a cowboy also, wears ostrich skin boots made specially for him by George W. Bush's favorite boot make.

I peeked at the video just to see what the hair was all about. I listened to the intro and then hit the stop button. :D
Ignorance is still superbly blissful...:whistle:

OK, I've done some Googling myself, and there seems to be a dichotomy between what he says on his own site and what he has discussed on forums, and even what he has put into practice personally.

I'm with him in general on the idea of a market being over-bought or over-sold. But his solution to it seems rather bonkers. He is actually justifying getting out early (1996) because even though you miss the run-up (1996-2000) you also miss the crash. Whatever happened to money-management and stop-losses? Geeze.

Me, personally, I've found a happy medium with index credit-spreads, way OTM, short time-frames. I'm getting regular incremental returns, compounding monthly, and it seems relatively immune to normal market fluctuations. Pig vs. hog thing. I agree that traditional buy-and-hold is something to avoid these days, but I'd stay just as far away from value-informed indexing.

He was before my time too -- can somebody summarize his key point or key beliefs?

...wears ostrich skin boots made specially for him by George W. Bush's favorite boot make.
Well, that doesn't necessarily make him weird. I own a pair of Rocky Carroll's ostrich skins myself, extremely comfortable and durable. But the wear of such things around here is de rigueur. Wearing tennis shoe or topsiders to the rodeo or a barbecue will get you some strange looks around these parts.

He-whose-name-we-don't mention was before my time here, but I did read a lot of his stuff a couple of years ago. He's an internet whack job who doesn't stop - ever.

Leonidas is right...no tennies to the rodeo, which is a very big weeklong event in Houston, or to a barbeque. You'd look like a fool there like that...whereas in Chicago you might look the fool in cowboy boots. Different strokes.

Lotsa drug store cowboys... :whistle:

Or as a female friend, definitely all Texan, once told me, "All hat, and no horse..."

Though I have a pair, they're plain ol' calf skin, and not roach killers.

Ok, I just got back from his site. Seems like another guy with a "system" who can't explain why it's better, and why everybody else is wrong, he just knows it.

And I'm guessing when people point out the mathematical incorrectness of his scheme, he changes topics or refers back to his manifesto or goes into long-sales-letter explanations like on his site ("imagine being fabulously wealthy /never having to work again")?

Is that the essence, or do I have to go through all 2000 threads? :rolleyes:

I got a sour taste in my mouth for him, because as rumor has it, he didn't like CFB's pictures of animals with pancakes on their heads.

Lotsa drug store cowboys... :whistle:

Or as a female friend, definitely all Texan, once told me, "All hat, and no horse..."

Though I have a pair, they're plain ol' calf skin, and not roach killers.
Geeezzzz, how did I miss this one? Now THAT is interesting....:flowers:

OK, I've done some Googling myself, and there seems to be a dichotomy between what he says on his own site and what he has discussed on forums, and even what he has put into practice personally.
The flaw in your logic is the implicit assumption that he's behaving in a rational manager (until proven otherwise). No offense intended, but we've seen hundreds of posters like you fall into the same trap.

Even CFB was skeptical at first: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/showpost.php?p=265025&postcount=5

He was before my time too -- can somebody summarize his key point or key beliefs?
Is that the essence, or do I have to go through all 2000 threads? :rolleyes:
Three words: narcissistic personality disorder.

I don't agree with Greaney's persistent baiting of someone who is so desperately in need of medical/psychological attention, but this article pretty much sums it all up:
Can retiring early make you crazy? Getting to know "Passion Saving" author Rob Bennett

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom