Guilty Pleasures

My real guilty pleasure is chick flicks . I love to go to the $2.00 movie , get popcorn & get sappy all by myself.

My real guilty pleasure is chick flicks . I love to go to the $2.00 movie , get popcorn & get sappy all by myself.

Sounds like DW - we cannot be without access to the Lifetime channel, aka the "Chick Channel". I like movies with lots of explosions and crashes. That's why we have two TVs.

Guilty pleasure is a stick of pepperoni, thinly sliced, with a block of NY cheddar cheese, sliced, with jalapeno peppers mixed in with it. Not exactly healthy eating, but wow, that's good. YMMV.

Sriracha peas

White cheddar Cheez Its

Greek desserts (especially baklava and honey-cinnamon cookies)

Romance novels

Dan Brown thrillers (they're SO bad, but I can't put them down!)

Bad 80s music, including cheesy power ballads

Lottery tickets.

I understand the math and yet I still buy them.

Truffles from Harry & David. Especially the mint ones.

Coffee flavored Blue Diamond Almonds
Peanut Butter cups
Starbucks Iced Chai

I don't understand why any of this should be guilty, or even all that pleasurable. Well, except maybe the pizza, in my case New Haven pizza.

As an American Roman Catholic man, I've had my share of guilt, but it was always at least reasonably well earned.

I would like to have no guilt about anything, but I think that is unlikely to happen in this lifetime. Maybe I can come back as a Latino?

Ha

Fron one Catholic to another, if you come back as a Latino you will still be born Catholic, therefore you will still have guilt. :angel:

guilty pleasures:
-sliced pepperoni with sliced cheese on a Ritz cracker
-pepperoni pizza--never had a bad one yet
-organic chocolate bars with a high percentage of dark chocolate
-canolis
-cheap red wine--it is surprising what is available for a small budget
-any meal with plenty of beef

macadamia nuts

any object that can be taken apart with a knife, screwdriver, wrench or pliers

If I behaved during the day, I get to eat two Hershey kisses after dinner. Turns out, I get the Hersheys about twice a week.

Ssshh, come over & whisper to me: what's your "guilty pleasure"? Is it a movie or actor most others just don't seem to like? A particular song or book? Some kinda food? What is it? Have you more than one guilty pleasure? What? What?! We wanna know.

I'll start with a simple foodie "guilty pleasure" of mine. I enjoy a breakfast consisting of corned-beef hash. I might have it with eggs-over-easy & hash browns. Or with scrambled eggs. Or hard-boiled eggs. Or along-side pancakes or French toast. Etc.
images

I have read the nutrition info on the can label about the high fat content & calories. But, mmmm, I so love the taste of morning breakfasts with CBH that I just don't care how bad it may be for me.

That is just one of my guilty pleasures. What's yours?

OMG same as me. Sometimes I'll substitute actual slices of corned beef with home fries and 2 eggs sunny side up, otherwise its Mary Kitchen!

I have always seen the "guilty" in the title phrase as ironic.

Amethyst
Guilty means knowing that something you enjoy may not be healthy for you, but you love it anyway. Or people close to you may not understand why you like a certain something... but that's OK. Guilty pleasures help make life enjoyable, huh?

Last edited:
Pinball machines. Love playing them and working on them. Currently have a Twilight Zone and The Shadow in the house but actively looking for another to buy.

Oh....and pizza, of course.

Right now it's ER.

Back
Top Bottom