Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
OK, now how many have peed in the sink?
No, but I've peed on a hotel room door (not my room) when my friend refused to open up. Classy I know!

Always stand. I don't always make an effort to put toilet seat down unless there are pregnant women involved. DW doesn't seem to complain even at night.

Quote:
And what's up with the man capris over there?
Oh man, I hate to take this otherwise very important thread off-topic but what *IS* up with the man-capris? Living in California, we get loads of Europeans visitors here in August. DW and I were just talking about the capris this past weekend. Women look SO good in capris, but guys.... I suppose the American tourist equivalent that Europeans find amusing is the baseball cap or the thick cargo shorts.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #42
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
I have turn the water on and go. It sucks when you gotta go and the person is taking for ever in the bathroom. Also stayed in a really cheap hotel once where I had a sink in the hotel room and the bathroom was 50 feet down the hall, guess which I chose to use in the middle of the night.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I can remember DW yelling at me one night when I got up, opened my closet door and took a leak. That's when I was known to have a beer on occassion. (heh)
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I had a friend who swore his grandma could pee standing up. Not knowing the woman, I could only take his word for it. The rest of us are grateful for you putting the seat down!
One of my former w*rk friends claimed she could write her name in the snow. Her name had five letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
If you don't get hair in your teeth, you ain't really makin' love...

Ha
OK, whatever.

Quote:
Stayed in a sleazy hotel once. Sink in room, bathroom shared down the hall. No requirement for number two. Guess the rest.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #45

Quote:
I went out with a Dentist for awhile, but one night he had to pee and grabbed a glass from my sink and let 'er rip. Needless to say, that one was crossed off my list forever...ewwwww..ick.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Um, yeah...I think we already had the manscaping discussion a few years ago, wherein I learned alarming things from some of our younger, ahem, members. You'll have to search for it, I am too shy to put the link.
But it was something about a new man-region shaver is all I remember.
<insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here> huhuhuhuhuh
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Slightly OT, but this thread reminds me of some high school hijinks I was involved with.

"European out a window" was a song written about me. No, not about defenestrating our friendly neighbors across the pond, but rather using an open window as a urinal. It was a higher up window, maybe neck level, ~5' off the ground. Gotta get the arc going. Like pole vaulting.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #48

I guess it'd help to have a longish pole.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #49
gone traveling

Me and the dogs; either the back yard (at night, when it's dark) or the woods (during the day, when it's light) ...
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #50

In our house - sit
Everywhere else - stand
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #51

Sinks have no lids an' things to move up or down. Just the right height.

Re-check the old movie with Richard Burton, IIRC who is afraid of Virginia Wolf.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #52

Quote:
The sink is one of the more sanitary places I have pee'd. Sometimes I even bothered to remove the dishes first. (when I was sober)

I was once at a party, sleeping over with a bunch of other guys in a bedroom at his parents house (they had gone out of town). I woke up desperate for a pee and could hear someone retching in the bathroom so I used the waste bin at the side of the bed. Next morning I discovered that it was a small wicker basket rather than metal or plastic
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #53

Rolling Stones concert July 4th, 1976 in Memphis. Peed in the sink many times as the wait for a urinal would have been detrimental to my health.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #54
gone traveling

Uh, I had to bring it up (it seemed appropriate, since I did not want to start a new thread).

Have any (other than me) had the "experience" of using a "French Latrine" (e.g. a ceramic hole in the floor)?

I worked in France in many years, in a manufacturing facility that had both "old" and "new" facilities. However, in a pinch (when other stalls were being used") I did make use of the "traditional" offering.

Please share your thoughts (assuming you had the opportunity)...

BTW, I served in Nam (anybody remember To Do street?) and used some of the old French "facilites" there; prepared me for my next assignment "back in the world"...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Uh, I had to bring it up (it seemed appropriate, since I did not want to start a new thread).

Have any (other than me) had the "experience" of using a "French Latrine" (e.g. a ceramic hole in the floor)?
Complete with the little footprints on either side, serves as a line-up guide, I guess.

How about Tokyo? Gutters on any crowded streets are fair game.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #56

For those of you men who have been through some European airports you'll have seen the false fly in the urinals to cut down on spillage.

Facility Blog Ľ Insects

Quote:
From New York to Amsterdam to Moscow and Singapore, flies are invading unlikely places: public urinals. Donít worry, bug lovers, these are not real flies. Instead, decals and paintings are being incorporated into the porcelain bowls in an effort to reduce the mess associated with public restrooms for men.
While in England recently we spent some time staying with BIL. His local pub has the best urinals, with strategically placed soccer goals each with a soccer ball hanging from the center of the crossbar. Great fun scoring goals while doing your business. (the beer isn't bad either)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #57

Anybody been to a Chicago Bears football game? Halftime the line to the menís bathroom is so long the beer drinkers canít wait Ė they start peeing in the sinks, the trash cans, sometimes empty cups. Then they go back for more beer. Ugh.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTravlin View Post
Rolling Stones concert July 4th, 1976 in Memphis. Peed in the sink many times as the wait for a urinal would have been detrimental to my health.
Saw them July 4, 1975 in Memphis. Don't remember peeing one way or another...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Saw them July 4, 1975 in Memphis. Don't remember peeing one way or another...
Hmm... maybe it was '75. Were there numerous people climbing up in the equipment towers? Or would you remember that either?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #60
Give me a forum ...

OK, this whole subject evokes a question. Most public bathrooms have at least one urinal mounted only a foot or so off the ground. Is this for people that are short or long?