Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
OK, this whole subject evokes a question. Most public bathrooms have at least one urinal mounted only a foot or so off the ground. Is this for people that are short or long?
I assume those are for very young boys. All urinals seem to me like they're made for children. They go down low enough for people 3 feet tall but not high enough for people my height(6'6"). I have to spread my legs wide apart and bend my knees so i'm low enough not to pee on the top of the urinal. I often pee in the stalls(standing up) when in a public restroom.
aaronc879 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTravlin View Post
Hmm... maybe it was '75. Were there numerous people climbing up in the equipment towers? Or would you remember that either?
Orleans and some old blues guy (Lightning Hopkins?) were the lead acts. I was dusted pretty good, along with a fever of around 105, so the whole thing is a bit fuzzy...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Since my stream started taking multiple directions all at once, I found sitting to be safest. Especially 3 times a night like the old fart I apparently am. (and yes I am not looking forward to my annual prostate exam next week)

uggg...the dreaded multi-directional mishap. every once i a while it gets the best of us... and our clothes. and the floor. and the vanity. and shower curtain. ugg
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #64
Administrator

I recently met up with a long lost first cousin who is a couple of years older than me. Her brother and I were the same age and at the same school. She told the family (at my Dad's funeral/wake last December ) of an incident she remembers well. Apparently the three of us were playing in the back yard at our grandparents and she went in complaining that we boys wouldn't let her play in our game. Our grandmother came out and ordered us to let her play in the game. Grandma then asked, "what is it you are playing anyway?". The game was "see who can pee highest up the wall".
Old 09-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #65

I never knew men even sat until they got really old. This discussion has been a real eye-opener...interesting.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #66
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
I never knew men even sat until they got really old. This discussion has been a real eye-opener...interesting.
I have been a sitter ever since DW went back to work full time in '92 and we started sharing the household chores again. (our son was a terrible shot). At the weekend we were visiting our DD and were sharing a bathroom with our son. Middle of the night I crept into the bathroom and was horrified to sit down on the porcelain

We never did train him to put down the seat down after he had been
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets

Interesting that the men who do the household cleaning chore choose to sit down.

Reminds me of my teenage event. I had to clean the bathrooms and every week the one I shared with 2 brothers was always filthy with dried pee everywhere. I finally complained to my mother, saying I just didn't understand how it got so filthy every week! She took one look at it and said, well you certainly couldn't have done that! Boy - get in here. You are going to clean this bath until you learn to aim! Sitting would have solved the whole problem ...
Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Anybody been to a Chicago Bears football game? Halftime the line to the men’s bathroom is so long the beer drinkers can’t wait – they start peeing in the sinks, the trash cans, sometimes empty cups. Then they go back for more beer. Ugh.
Yes - been there.

Also the troughs at Wrigley:

Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

For an alltime great pissing experience I recommend 60s and 70s cantinas in Medellin. Need to pee? Walk (or stagger) over to the side of the room and pee on the wall. The places were open to the street and I don't remember any noticeable smell. Though I wonder what I would have noticed full of aguardiente.

At least the nicer places had white tile on the walls. You could even do some self diagnosis on whatever GU problems you might have just by observing your pee on the wall.

Ha
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #70
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
For an alltime great pissing experience I recommend 60s and 70s cantinas in Medellin. Need to pee? Walk (or stagger) over to the side of the room and pee on the wall. The places were open to the street and I don't remember any noticeable smell. Though I wonder what I would have noticed full of aguardiente.

At least the nicer places had white tile on the walls. You could even do some self diagnosis on whatever GU problems you might have just by observing your pee on the wall.

Ha
Ha, you clearly have led a far more interesting life than I.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Interesting that the men who do the household cleaning chore choose to sit down.
I clean the toilets probably 95% of the time and still stand to pee. Of course I'm a sharpshooter and so they remain pretty clean the 5-6 weeks they usually go between cleanings. Although the "ladies only" toilet that DW and DDx2 use remains nearly spotless between cleanings (much more so than the other 2 toilets that I use and occasional house guests use). I'm 30 so the aim remains solid. Er liquid.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
I clean the toilets probably 95% of the time and still stand to pee. Of course I'm a sharpshooter and so they remain pretty clean the 5-6 weeks they usually go between cleanings. Although the "ladies only" toilet that DW and DDx2 use remains nearly spotless between cleanings (much more so than the other 2 toilets that I use and occasional house guests use). I'm 30 so the aim remains solid. Er liquid.
My toilet is 12.5 x 9". If I can't hit that how could I hope to drive down a narrow street? I think some of you guys didn't play enough basketball in your youth, or you drink a bit more than is prudent.

Ha
Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #73
Give me a forum ...

A buddy last night reminded me of a great story he said I should share: he was at a small town gas station two-holer when the old man next to him said "G-D that is a hell of a stream you got going there, boy, why back when I was a young man that's how I went". Frozen and mortified, my buddy said nothing (what do you say, thanks?) and the old dude's final parting and memorable quote was, "you may not know what I'm talking about now, boy, but when you get to my and your daddy's age, you'll understand".
Such a classic southern exchange! And so ever since then, we always ask him cordially about the condition of his stream when he returns from a restroom trip.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
OK, this whole subject evokes a question. Most public bathrooms have at least one urinal mounted only a foot or so off the ground. Is this for people that are short or long?
In case you are not joking it is for ADA compliance. Lots of people wonder the same thing.
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #75
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustward View Post
In case you are not joking it is for ADA compliance. Lots of people wonder the same thing.
Ada was famous for her work with Charles Babbage and had a programming language named after her. Nice to know they also dedicated a men's urinal as well (I guess she must have been quite small).
Old 09-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustward View Post
You mean being that well endowed is a handicap?
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #77

ADA - Lard Barn's daughter, no doubt. Seems like "ADA" can be somewhat ambiguous.
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #78
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
Orleans and some old blues guy (Lightning Hopkins?) were the lead acts. I was dusted pretty good, along with a fever of around 105, so the whole thing is a bit fuzzy...
We were at the same show! I checked the ticket stub and it was '75. Pretty fuzzy for me too but wasn't Billy Preston there as well. Heck of a good show from what I remember.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go-Girl
Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #80
Full time employment: Posting here.

Go-Girl

Interesting topic! As a woman, I am planning on buying a go-girl (Women can pee standing up with Go Girl | Go Girl Female Urination Device) for camping, trips, or general everyday fun. It sounds easy to use and gets good reviews.
GoodSense is offline   Reply With Quote